• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Aftermaket air intake. Did it help?

Did you fuel mileage improve with a air intake?

• Yes, but nothing major (Less than 1 MPG)

• Yes, 2-3 MPG improvement

• No Change in Fuel Mileage

• MPG Got WORSE!!

Results are only viewable after voting.

SnowDrift

Jan 2, 2014
for the members that have put on aftermarket air intake, did it help? Did you noticed any mileage improvement?

Capri2200

Feb 25, 2015
Truck Year
Shawn, does your design increase horsepower and torque over a wider range than other aftermarkets. Saw your video showing the device and how it would be hooked up. video seems to have disappeared.

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
It's there. I had to thwart off some trolls.
It definitely helps in my egt and hill climbs. You can see 100% downstream the oil swirls since my tube is the correct shape as the turbo inlet. Personally I love it. It's really loud though. You can definetely tell when your in a regen and you can hear all the air whooshing through it. But you still can't hear the turbo whistle

Capri2200

Feb 25, 2015
Truck Year
Sorry to hear about the trolls. Hopefully you can get rid of them and we can see your vids again.
Regarding your inlet tube, do you think wrapping the tube with some insulation would reduce the noise? I don't think it would affect inlet air temp. May actually help keep temps down while quieting the noise through the tube.
How are you coming with your chip programming? Do you have information regarding Regens, EGR coking/not coking, or anything exhaust related with the tune that you came up with? I've already had my DPF replaced by the dealer and the DEF system flushed.
Been looking at GDE and they make some pretty big claims regarding anti coking and much longer times between regens. Not sure how their ECU protects against dealership reflash. Do you have any experience with this product? How are your tunes stacking up to the claims of the GDE unit?
Getting ready to add the oil separator to my truck using your design. Any upgrades or mods that you would suggest before I implement the mod on my truck?
Can't thank you enough for your valuable videos and information regarding our ecodiesels. I was (and still am) a bit leery purchasing the ecodiesel so early in its manufacturing evolution. I usually will wait a few model years to let the manufacturer try and work out the kinks. Your vids are extremely helpful and I look forward to hopefully being able to continue to view them.
Thanks, Bob

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
HI bob, please watch my latest video I made about the oil separator,
As for the intake tube, you are right, and I thought about buying a silicone hose and encasing it around it, but it would add another $40 and there is only enough room to slip your air filter in and out the way I have it, any tube increase and youll have to remove the whole airbox lid when you need to check and replace your air filter. It works perfect the way I have it, but if you wanted to buy a silicone hose and run some dish detergent and water around it to aid in the installation I don't think it would hurt anything. It isn't annoying loud, you can just hear the vnt vanes open and close.
So this is a comment I made about the gde tune earlier,
The only thing I'd delete is the scr. Gde announced yesterday a new tune for CCV mods for cel problems, but they don't do scr delete tunes, but on the flip side Celtic tuning does the scr delete but does not do the CCV tune. On the one side I hate oil messing up my intake and valves but on the other I have this evil demon hiding in my exhaust system. I think about it every day. So for one I am super happy and content with my power level programming so I don't care about horsepower gains. 2. My truck has been mint flawless perfect with everything on the emissions side. I don't know if it's because of all my mods, my driving or the way I maintain it, but I promise you my truck is better now the way it runs than last year. 3. My new CCV kit has been doing good so far and to date @ 132000 miles I've stopped about 10 quarts of oil going through the cac. I'm going through a complete computer zero relearn on the whole emission systems monitoring system right now to see if all monitors will hit readiness all by itself with my master ccv kit. If it hits allready, I'll guarantee it and sell it. As a note, whenever a monitor is not ready for emissions testing, the entire mode 06 system is ultra ultra ultra sensitive to the slightest out of range condition. So until the system completely hits readiness you'll have a nightmare of a time getting good mileage and keeping pending codes at bay. So both Celtic and gde will turn the egr off which is great but I don't know if when they're changing those specific monitors range values if those monitors will never show ready, if that's the case I'll never be able to legally pass emissions in my state. All monitors must show ready.

Going to the dealer and getting any updates at all that are dated after your current programming code, WILL completely erase your gde tune, being said I think its a $200 reflash. So Boostn posted a picture of an obd plug cover that says do not flash, and that would probably be a good investment.
you need to revisit my website :)

Capri2200

Feb 25, 2015
Truck Year
HI bob, please watch my latest video I made about the oil separator,
As for the intake tube, you are right, and I thought about buying a silicone hose and encasing it around it, but it would add another $40 and there is only enough room to slip your air filter in and out the way I have it, any tube increase and youll have to remove the whole airbox lid when you need to check and replace your air filter. It works perfect the way I have it, but if you wanted to buy a silicone hose and run some dish detergent and water around it to aid in the installation I don't think it would hurt anything. It isn't annoying loud, you can just hear the vnt vanes open and close.
So this is a comment I made about the gde tune earlier,
The only thing I'd delete is the scr. Gde announced yesterday a new tune for CCV mods for cel problems, but they don't do scr delete tunes, but on the flip side Celtic tuning does the scr delete but does not do the CCV tune. On the one side I hate oil messing up my intake and valves but on the other I have this evil demon hiding in my exhaust system. I think about it every day. So for one I am super happy and content with my power level programming so I don't care about horsepower gains. 2. My truck has been mint flawless perfect with everything on the emissions side. I don't know if it's because of all my mods, my driving or the way I maintain it, but I promise you my truck is better now the way it runs than last year. 3. My new CCV kit has been doing good so far and to date @ 132000 miles I've stopped about 10 quarts of oil going through the cac. I'm going through a complete computer zero relearn on the whole emission systems monitoring system right now to see if all monitors will hit readiness all by itself with my master ccv kit. If it hits allready, I'll guarantee it and sell it. As a note, whenever a monitor is not ready for emissions testing, the entire mode 06 system is ultra ultra ultra sensitive to the slightest out of range condition. So until the system completely hits readiness you'll have a nightmare of a time getting good mileage and keeping pending codes at bay. So both Celtic and gde will turn the egr off which is great but I don't know if when they're changing those specific monitors range values if those monitors will never show ready, if that's the case I'll never be able to legally pass emissions in my state. All monitors must show ready.

Going to the dealer and getting any updates at all that are dated after your current programming code, WILL completely erase your gde tune, being said I think its a $200 reflash. So Boostn posted a picture of an obd plug cover that says do not flash, and that would probably be a good investment.
you need to revisit my website :)

Hi Shawn, I did read your posts on both of these items. Regarding the GDE and Celtic devices, I don't think I would consider them at this time.
Regarding your CCV mod, I am impressed with the amount of oil you were able to remove. I drive about 10% of what you do a year with the truck, but assuming oil output is similar or perhaps even a little heavier, a quart or so a year is enough for me to invest in this device. I mentioned in another post that I have installed CCV mods in my other vehicles and I am amazed at the amount of blow by in vehicles these days given the tighter tolerances vehicles use.

I saw your other comment about the CVV mod and I will get back to you on that. I'm currently out of town and would like to discuss this with you when I return.

Thanks!! - Bob

P.S. thanks to you too BoostN !! :)