• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Air Suspension Fix

Roland

Mar 29, 2016
Truck Year
I Have a 2016 Ecodiesel the air suspension worked great no problems for first two winter's. I live in Central Canada and can get very cold -30 c sometimes. Last month drove on hwy for 3 hrs -30 c temps. The next day getting the service suspension , it was down in front. The fuse was ok but truck was down in front. Dealership says they can recharge with nitrogen and add airline antifreeze. For $650. I was told when purchased new it was nitrogen filled. I parked it heated garage for 24 hrs and all was working fine. But soon as it got cold i got the message again. did some research this air system is NOT a close loop system. Traced two air lines that goes up behind the passenger tailight, that is where there is a intake and outtake lines the intake has a filter mounted to it. So I think over the years it has inhaled some moist air into system. The cannister comes part and I put some airline antifreeze containing lubricant, about a fluid ounce just enough to saturate the filter. Then I ran the suspension a few times for a few days, it has been a few weeks been good and been cold and has worked properly. The intake line goes to the distribution block and then introduces the antifreeze into the air system. This may be another annual maintenance job now, so far so good. Just sharing some info