• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

AlfaOBD And What You Can Do!

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Morning John, I have been following your post on the site since I joined. I take a good amount of stock in your experience. That being said I have a question. The EGR, shutting it off, my GED tune did not disabled it from what I understand. Is this a later option? Is it not available anymore? My warranty expires in October or 100k, either way I am almost there. I'm going to block off the oil/water heat exchanger and would like to shut the EGR off. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! Travis
Travis,
Thanks for those kind words, much appreciated. And sorry for the delayed response. I'm on Maui with my daughters and don't often get on the computer.

As others have already said, if you have the EPA approved GDE tune it does not shut off the EGR (which is a big EPA violation). If you have the pre-ban tune the EGR is turned off. GDE claims their current tune is better and much cleaner than their pre-ban tune. And their users all seem to be very satisfied.

I'm not a fan of deleting so I am no help there. IMO you have the best tune available and any deleting may cause more problems than it's worth. In fact, it may affect your GDE tune.

Curious why you don't know what tune you have. GDE keeps records of tunes by vin number. A call to them might help determine your tune. If it is pre-ban they will not support it, if EPA compliant they will answer all of your questions.

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
Travis,
Thanks for those kind words, much appreciated. And sorry for the delayed response. I'm on Maui with my daughters and don't often get on the computer.

As others have already said, if you have the EPA approved GDE tune it does not shut off the EGR (which is a big EPA violation). If you have the pre-ban tune the EGR is turned off. GDE claims their current tune is better and much cleaner than their pre-ban tune. And their users all seem to be very satisfied.

I'm not a fan of deleting so I am no help there. IMO you have the best tune available and any deleting may cause more problems than it's worth. In fact, it may affect your GDE tune.

Curious why you don't know what tune you have. GDE keeps records of tunes by vin number. A call to them might help determine your tune. If it is pre-ban they will not support it, if EPA compliant they will answer all of your questions.
I believe my confusion was failing to realize there was a variation from previous GDE tunes and a more recent " updated" version. Although I have read so many articles on tunes, I very well could have switched them up.