• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

AMP Steps 2015 EcoDiesel CCSB

swordfish

Nov 15, 2015
Truck Year
almost forgot to mention putting the air ride suspension to 4w mode lifts the the truck to a perfect hieght to work under, no jack stands, that is really a great feature

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Oh yeah the air suspension to Work under your truck is awesome. Oil changes; fuel Filters, anything. No issue getting underneath with factory air.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
You all suck.

DRMAC

Oct 10, 2016
Truck Year
Hi again, I'm real glad I purchased and installed AMP-Research powerstep last week AMP PN # 76139-01A for my RAM 1500 Limited, why because my wife thinks only about the convenience rather than the sticker shock for the truck and the steps I installed them with a little BSing about 7 hours on a rack at the skill shop at the base where I work. Caution to connect ground wire to chassis ground like the instruction says too, and take your time and drill the small hole for the LEDs on the door stiel, its easy to just skip that step, you can loop over the door stiel but it will but strain on the wires I think. Plus the plug and play is a must, it avoids splicing into the trucks wiring hardness, and its neat The down side it is always plugged into the OBDII port. They say there is a splitter but tech support from AMP say they don't work. I have no problem so far just to unplug the AMP connection to use the OBDII port if I need to or if service tech wants too. PS I love them too.

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
Damn it, I have never heard of these. I spent $650 on the factory steps. I would have gladly spent a grand on these instead. Next time I guess. :(

Brady, after using them for a winter season, are you still happy with them? Does the accumulated under carriage snow and ice have any effect on the operation of these steps?

flying7

Jul 15, 2014
Truck Year
Damn it, I have never heard of these. I spent $650 on the factory steps. I would have gladly spent a grand on these instead. Next time I guess. :(

Brady, after using them for a winter season, are you still happy with them? Does the accumulated under carriage snow and ice have any effect on the operation of these steps?

You could always sell your factory steps and get the AMPS!! :D

swordfish

Nov 15, 2015
Truck Year
i installed my amp steps and my edge 2 with a 2plug splitter and it works great, why the amp people would say it will not work is confusing? if i need an obd2 port i just unplug my edge2 it re-calibrates when plugged back in..... two plug splitter amazon $15

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year

They have been flawless so far. And I expect they'll continue to be with a little preventative maintenance such as a good coat of FluidFilm each fall.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
A little update after 16 months...

Developed a small water leak behind the dash. Minimal drips, but any water leak is concerning IMO. Turns out when I fed the AMP power wire through the firewall via the main harness grommet, I failed to seal the new splice. It took over a year, but water eventually found its way through that grommet and onto the floorboard. My mistake, but dealership fixed under warranty as a show of good faith.

Seal up that grommet with silicone or the like!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk