• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

amp steps malfuctioned

swordfish

Nov 15, 2015
Truck Year
installed amp steps on my 15 Laramie, been working flawlessly for almost 3 years now, then the driver side started to act up, not retracting all the way would stop about an inch low, i called amp research and the tech ask that i swap motors from left to right to see if the problem swaps to the passenger side. (it did not) so i called back and let him know the outcome, he said that it was the controller. amp mailed me a new controller with in two days and apologized for having me swap motors but that was the only way he could tell it was the controller.
anyway it reminded my of how service use to be not so long ago. nice job amp research

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I just got this exact same issue after almost 3 years as well. My passenger side has about an inch play in the motor when retracted, drivers side is still tight and solid. Was told to power wash it all down and spray with silicon first and report back. Been a week and I have done neither. But I am encouraged that whatever the outcome, AMP will treat me right and honor the warranty.

Glad to hear you were taken care of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swordfish

Nov 15, 2015
Truck Year
new controller has looks different, has an extra port for adding future options, i just put tape over it to keep dirt out, moved the fuse block attached
to back of battery for better access, whole job 10 minutes.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Well I cleaned the moving parts and sprayed them down with silicone as directed and that didn’t fix the problem.

Was told by customer service the motors don’t usually fail and the next thing to try is adjusting a bolt on the frameside of the motor that pushes on a wedge inside the gearbox.

“Stop the step a few inches up from full deployment, back the 7/16s bolt out a few turns, strike it with a dead blow to loosen the wedge, apply downward pressure to the step, and retighten the bolt.”

Sounds strange, but that’s what the man said to do.

I will get to this in the next few days (meaning 3 weeks from now haha), and report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk