• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Another dead engine…

Msouther

Mar 15, 2023
Truck Year
2016 Eco with 144k. Drove it to work, just like every day. Jumped in to get lunch, and she would start but died the second it went in to gear. I had it towed to the dealer since I thought it would be covered under the recall extended warranty. They call me to say the oil filter is full of metal and the engine is dead. $19k to replace. They also tell me that my warranty expired 6k miles ago, but the damage is unrelated to the recall anyway so I should call FCA and let them know.

1st call to FCA and the kid just sighs when I tell him I’ve got a dead engine. He takes all my info and says a rep will be calling me soon.

Rep calls me the next day and says that I don’t qualify for “goodwill” coverage because I’m WAY beyond warranty coverage. I respond with, “I wouldn’t call 6k WAY over.“ She then proceeds to play dumb about the extended warranty, to which I ask her, “how can you not know about this?” She apologizes, then starts laughing, saying she’s going to elevate the case, and we should pretend the call didn’t happen. She was nice enough and all, but WTF?! All I can figure is that it was an attempt to get me to say, “oh, bummer. I guess I’m out of luck. Close my case“ which of course I didn’t. So now I’m waiting for a call from the next gate keeper.

Meanwhile, the service rep at the dealer is telling me they do one engine swap a week - that’s how bad it’s gotten - and that so far very few customers have been successful in getting any financial support from FCA. He also mentioned that the sales department is no longer taking Ecos in on trade.

So it’s not looking good, and maybe time to start reaching out to some lawyers. Anybody know any good ones? The Googler is recommending a few, but I thought I’d check in here to see if anyone has any recommendations too.

Thanks!
Matt

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I don't see lawyering up is going to help in your case. Matt the facts are you had Seven years of warning, Myself and many others stated back in 2016 that the failures will not stop. Unfortunately, Sites like 1500diesel.XXX Mods have promoted a hand full of Illegally operated VM 3.0s as the gold standard. Yes removing ACED lessens the repairs but it does NOT stop rotating Mass failures at alarming rates. Your battle is Fiat...Many at FCA leadership beg Fiat to stop production in 2016 and re-tool VM in Cento Italy. Fiat Ignore the request and Now you have the residual leftovers.

Msouther

Mar 15, 2023
Truck Year
I don't see lawyering up is going to help in your case. Matt the facts are you had Seven years of warning, Myself and many others stated back in 2016 that the failures will not stop. Unfortunately, Sites like 1500diesel.XXX Mods have promoted a hand full of Illegally operated VM 3.0s as the gold standard. Yes removing ACED lessens the repairs but it does NOT stop rotating Mass failures at alarming rates. Your battle is Fiat...Many at FCA leadership beg Fiat to stop production in 2016 and re-tool VM in Cento Italy. Fiat Ignore the request and Now you have the residual leftovers.
Ok thanks TC, I appreciate your input.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Matt, Say On Ram....They will try and tire YOU out....

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Matt, You are welcome to call Me... I have some Info I don't share on Public Forums 763-228-7121....Todd...

SeanPwnery

Nov 30, 2022
Truck Year
It's time like these I wish FCA would go under federal investigation and "Settle" out of court by replacing all these Pasta-diesels with 4BT's. I can dream... right?