• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Any up to date Ecodiesel rebuild parts and advise

JTJT

Jun 30, 2023
Truck Year
Hi All

My name is JT
I live in Canada.
I have a used 2016 Ram Ecodiesel that I’m rebuilding. I’m looking for any up to date parts and advice on rebuilding.
1. What parts are available to remedy Ecodiesel issues (preferably with part numbers)
2. What techniques in build you have that work.
3. Rebuild manuals.
4. Warnings of what to stay away from (techniques, parts, suppliers, machine, tolerances……).
5. if there is anything different between 2014 to 2019 ram eco-diesel’s.
6. Anything really…..Any help
I want to build an eco-diesel that is essentially bulletproofed.
Thanks in advance.

Ecodiesel18

Aug 11, 2023
Truck Year
Saw a video of a guy from TN that rebuilds then and says line bore is off so crank is flexing so people spin bearings, rod bearings fail, ect. But says of you line bore and make sure crank is good then you will be set. Some talk about tac welding cams that can break free and mess with engine catastrophically. And very complex to assemble reliably watching a tear down video compared to other engines but above my skill and time.

JTJT

Jun 30, 2023
Truck Year
Saw a video of a guy from TN that rebuilds then and says line bore is off so crank is flexing so people spin bearings, rod bearings fail, ect. But says of you line bore and make sure crank is good then you will be set. Some talk about tac welding cams that can break free and mess with engine catastrophically. And very complex to assemble reliably watching a tear down video compared to other engines but above my skill and time.
Thanks for your input. I have heard similar things. Once the bearings spin though the crank is not usable anymore. Do you have a contact for this company in TN?

Ecodiesel18

Aug 11, 2023
Truck Year
I agree and i meant fix the crank before it goes bad being. Some must be good because not all fail amazingly.

Randy is his name and contact him at his site.

https://www.ecodieselusa.com/

Says will rebuild and fix issues for around 7-8000$.

Ecodiesel18

Aug 11, 2023
Truck Year
As some have mentioned Jan 2024 Mopar has produce more ecodiesel engines for those who have failures or multiple failure. I finally got my 2018 jeep ecodiesel back from dealership today in Jan 2024. Just to review crank cracked 4/23- no engines until 9/23 (remanufactured non mopar but still under warranty) it failed 3 weeks later (was not put together correctly and bottom end went bad again). Engine as with most people failed with perfect care and maintenance. At dealership 10/23-1/24. Software and battery replaced again fortunately all under warranty due to lengthy fix time and bringing back. Overall dealership has been good in end of the day as far as no fees out of my pocket. Waiting for VM/Mopar to get new engines was the issue. Hopefully everyone has a reliable motor now 2024 and never has another failure again. Thanks for all the advice. Keep bothering jeep cares than can do goodwill to save you some money but you have to stick with it often for months.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Manuals non-existent. Best option is the personal use ALLDATA subscription. Assembly, disassembly and specifications for re-machining. The process referred to as line boring the block is one step in what we call Blueprinting. Too complex to explain on this space but basically ensure that the bores and crank lines are in-line and perpendicular to each other to eliminate distortion.

mrdiesel

Jun 14, 2023
Truck Year
Wreckless Randy the guy in that video is in Michigan I believe, steel clear of him lots of horror stories. The factory service manual has all the specifications needed to rebuild. All of the engines I've looked at there is no evidence that improper lien bore is the cause of failure. Bearing clearances, bearing material and crankshaft deflection and harmonic distortion all seem like plausible clauses. I've rebuilt a few and currently have one at the machine shop, there is nothing magical about them they are quite similar in design and concept to the land Rover td 2.7 and 3.0 also used in the f150 diesel. I use better bearings from Europe and there are Chinese cast crankshafts which I don't use and forged crankshaftchafts available from turkey but they aren't cheap. $2000+. Gaskets pistons and bearings are all available