• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Anyone found Tone Rings?

SeanPwnery

Nov 30, 2022
Truck Year
I'm just curious - my dead after 10-weeks Lone Star is now 3 months disabled. The new mechanic I have working on it is fairly confident I have a tone ring failure (like many of you also thought). I've placed 8 orders for them, every time they're cancelled because their websites are out of date or instantly updated to show "backordered."

No ETA of course. I'm starting to wonder how come there isn't a class-action of those of us with disabled trucks we're paying for (or another one if one already came and went) for vehicles we bought that we can't use. I can't get parts, I can't get running, and I got taken for north of 5-grand at a dealership for what seems like a completely incorrect diagnosis. I even wrote Ramcare about it and they started a file, but have received not a single word in over a month. I'm also starting to wonder if I should get my insurance agent involved on possibly totaling it out so I can move on and get another one with a Cummins instead.

So - have any of you found Tone rings that aren't hyperinflated by ebay vultures for 5-times the cost? I mean ... it's almost like the gunpower and primer shortage and scalping that began 5 years ago.

Dream Big

Feb 1, 2017
Truck Year
I'm just curious - my dead after 10-weeks Lone Star is now 3 months disabled. The new mechanic I have working on it is fairly confident I have a tone ring failure (like many of you also thought). I've placed 8 orders for them, every time they're cancelled because their websites are out of date or instantly updated to show "backordered."

No ETA of course. I'm starting to wonder how come there isn't a class-action of those of us with disabled trucks we're paying for (or another one if one already came and went) for vehicles we bought that we can't use. I can't get parts, I can't get running, and I got taken for north of 5-grand at a dealership for what seems like a completely incorrect diagnosis. I even wrote Ramcare about it and they started a file, but have received not a single word in over a month. I'm also starting to wonder if I should get my insurance agent involved on possibly totaling it out so I can move on and get another one with a Cummins instead.

So - have any of you found Tone rings that aren't hyperinflated by ebay vultures for 5-times the cost? I mean ... it's almost like the gunpower and primer shortage and scalping that began 5 years ago.
I drove down and bought one at the dealership.