• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

anyone have an EGR cooler fail after the recall replacement.

bob5000

Aug 7, 2023
Truck Year
I don't see any coolant leaking anywhere and I used an overflow tank full in about 2500 miles? thinking maybe the EGR cooler failed again. Anyone have that happen to them? thanks

Frank246

Feb 20, 2019
Truck Year
Yes. Replaced in Texas when the tone ring failed.
Came back home to SC and was losing antifreeze, somewhere but not showing up anywhere.
Dealership in SC replaced the EGR but the loss of antifreeze continued. Finally after 3 more trips to the dealership they finally said the head was blown and block was cracked.
Engine replaced at 97K miles

bob5000

Aug 7, 2023
Truck Year
Did you have any change in the oil level? I'm hoping its EGR, much simpler repair. I'm still fixing the def system from the exhaust bolts breaking and melting the def line and injector. Bought a cheap injector on ebay but it was defective. So I bought a new injector from RAM , just have to install it. Ram wouldn't cover it under warranty cause the mechanic put down bolts corroded. Love the truck but hope the problems don't keep piling up.

Frank246

Feb 20, 2019
Truck Year
Did not have any oil leak that showed up nor oil level dropping but after having 8 excellent oil reports from Blackstone, the last one, that I think may have convinced both the dealership and the warranty people showed lots of antifreeze in the oil. I always have my oil analysis done at each oil change showing the type of oil, Rotella and the milage per change. I think that was very instrumental in getting a new engine.

Note: I always change my own oil and fuel filter. Easy to do and know it gets done correctly.

bob5000

Aug 7, 2023
Truck Year
Haven't had my oil tested, I forgot to check it to see if it was high. Needs to be changed so if it's not high or discolored maybe I'll get it tested. Just waiting to get back to Florida where I left my truck.