• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Anyone Running HID Kit on 2016 Eco?

K2s-EcoD

Nov 5, 2016
Truck Year
Hey everyone , first off forgive me if this has already been talked about. I did a search not finding much. Wanting to install a kit either from ddm tuning or xenon depot. Wondering if any one has either and could give me some feedback on the color temp you have. Lastly is the 9005 bulb a hi/lo or single beam only with projectors? Thanks very much James...

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I have a system from enlight automotive. It's very similar to the one from another higher end place I think RetroShop or something like that, anyways I've had mine for about a year and a half and it's been fantastic. I have 55w ballast which I don't think are available anymore and the 8k (35w) bulbs, they have very high quality bulbs. The higher Watt ballast lowers the color temp a bit so it's like 6.5k.

I have factory projectors with a low beam only hid. The hid low beam adjusts up and the high beam bulb turn on when you engage your bright's so you have 50/50 hid/halogen high beam which does pretty well, your eyes do better with the yellow of halogen than the slight Blue of hid. And a halogen performs better on rapid on off cycles of a high beam light than an hid system.

So just upgrading your low beam in your projector housing to an Hid system will give you really good performance. Night and day difference. Highly recommend the enlight automotive system.

It is powered by a resistor harness not off the factory system just so you are aware ahead of time! This is the case of most xenon systems for the ram

Helidriver

Jan 13, 2017
Truck Year
I'm running 5,000k Xenon Depot HID's in both highs and lows. I found some Philips 5,000k halogens on amazon for the fogs.

K2s-EcoD

Nov 5, 2016
Truck Year
Great info, thanks everyone. definitely gonna pull the trigger on a pair soon. Probably the Xenon Depot. How is the color temp of your 5000? Close to stock or more white?

Helidriver

Jan 13, 2017
Truck Year
Definitely more white, in fact, anything past 4,300k starts to put you into the blue spectrum. I'd say the 5,000k is really close to bright white. On a side note, don't be fooled by Xenon Depot's" 20% off sale ending today" BS. It's perpetual.

Last edited:

K2s-EcoD

Nov 5, 2016
Truck Year
Very nice. thanks for all the knowledge, i really appreciate it. I lol at websites that do that, all about making someone feel like they are making out like a bandit when there not. I've been watching it for a while black friday seemed to be the only time it was really more than there proclaimed 20%. I should have just did it then.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Kinda poor pics snapped while getting on the highway but it beats the heck outta the halogen!20170218_213209.jpg 20170218_213217.jpg

K2s-EcoD

Nov 5, 2016
Truck Year
nice , blows them away forsure. thanks for the pics.