• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Auto-Dimming Mirror

Stan Laurel

Aug 3, 2015
Truck Year
I like the idea of the auto-dimming mirrors a lot better than the actual use of them, at least in my Ram. It just doesn't seem to work well - the lights behind me are still way too bright. I am out the door at 5am each day, and the last thing I need at that hour is to be blinded from behind. Does anyone else who has these mirrors wish that we had the old-school, lever-actuated manual mirrors instead?

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I have the lever mirror and hate it. Trade ya...

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
Ya my outside mirrors seem fine but my windshield mirror sucks...my gmc auto dim worked way better....it's like it doesn't work because normally you get the green tint to everything when it's working.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Ya my outside mirrors seem fine but my windshield mirror sucks...my gmc auto dim worked way better....it's like it doesn't work because normally you get the green tint to everything when it's working.
GM's auto dim rear view mirror is top notch. Flawless in design & operation, I never even noticed it. Was rudely reminded of a non-dimmer with this truck. Small gripe I know, but is what it is.

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
There are small nuances that are just enough for me to notice which bothers me but overall I have to say dodge/ram has come leaps and bounds with these new body trucks with a very quality pickup...they just paid more attention to some details and not others.

seiko

Jul 23, 2015
Truck Year
Just finished doing a night ride on a busy day from holidays, long lines of vehicles, both lanes. No issue with my windshield mirror. Did notice a slight green. Work great, never was bother by it. In fact, I was bother by it more on the Camry Hybrid that had similar setup. More green too.

As for the trailer towing truck mirrors, the way, it was setup, as always, the lights never hit my eyes.