• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Awesome Looking Head Unit Replacement

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I was just starting to get excited about this system until your post. I would like a system with a 10" screen and Android friendly. The system in my truck right now is awesome but it irks me that I can't add apps I want and use my own nave app instead of paying a ransom every year or two to update Chryslers mapping. So many easy updates that Chrysler has nickel nosed. It would be really cool if you could run your tune-up system via the 10" screen.
Oh for sure! I'm 100% for android platform and Google maps, not to mention the app store, running integrated torque app in the dash would be slick. At the same time I like my physical buttons duplicated for everything, because I dont navigate the screen for those things. Occasionally pull maps, fuel prices, but basically touch screen is only for media functions.

Another bad thing, any tablet style head unit is going to go from pressure sensitive to temperature. That would suck! Sure throwing a Samsung tab thats integrated to the truck would be tits, or just mopar running straight android.

Unfortunately that will never happen.