• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Barking sound when let off the gas pedal

Matthias Nagel

Dec 20, 2020
Truck Year
Hi,

I’ve a barking sound when I let off my gas pedal. Mostly in low speed and always when the engine has to pull. Never when I coast. Went to my mechanic and he says it’s most likely the turbo but has little knowledge about the diesel engine and referred me to a diesel shop.
I read changing the turbo is a hassle if it is the turbo.

Anyone has or had the same issue and can give me some advise?

Thank you

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
VGT Turbos Do not bark for long, If the back pressure is that great they will be a final BOOM looming in the near future.
Never heard of the 3.0VM Honeywell Turbos barking (Honeywell is the primary share holder in Garrett Turbos).

Matthias Nagel

Dec 20, 2020
Truck Year
Barking might be the wrong word for it. It does sound more like a gasping and you can feel vibration on the passenger side seat. My apologies .

Dec 14, 2015
Truck Year
Mine will make that type of sound in some situations also. I think it is some kind of unloader valve as my wife HHR-SS with turbo has made a similar sound occasionally the whole time we have owned it.

Matthias Nagel

Dec 20, 2020
Truck Year
Just went to the mechanic and he confirmed that the noise is back pressure.