• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Battery Going Dead

Tcretro

Dec 25, 2019
Truck Year
I have a 2018 Laramie ED. I have owned truck for a couple months. When I first got it I thought I was leaving something on because sometimes the battery would be dead in the morning. Today when I got home I just had the headlights on for a couple minutes and then when I tried to start it again, it was dead. Checked voltage and was down to 8 volts from full charge because this morning I had it on a trickle charger and it was at full charge. So now I'm thinking something is going on with battery. When I hook the charger back up to it within 10 minutes it will register 13 volts. I'm going to go to dealer and have them test battery but first I thought I would throw this out to the members. Any insight is helpful. BTW there is now only 10500 miles on it so I would think it should be under factory warranty but I normally don't trust dealers.
Thanks in advance.

Tcretro

Dec 25, 2019
Truck Year
The outcome of dead battery is it was bad. Dealer finally got it to fail and was replaced under warranty.