• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Best Truck I've ever owned

mharvan

Apr 17, 2022
Truck Year
I bought my 2018 Laramie in November of 2018 and have since put just over 50K miles on it. I occasionally tow a 5K lb travel trailer and absolutely love the performance towing. the RAMBOX is a great addition and should've been done long ago. I've used the Vantech ladder racks and just recently added an Extang Trifecta 2.0 soft tonneau cover.
I read a lot of the different forums including this one and all of the horror stories of what a bad engine the the vm 3.0L v-6 is. Add that to the Safety Recall VB-1 the emissions settlement and FCA's generally poor customer service and it's easy to get really worried. My concern however is moderated by the belief that the forum user's population likely is skewed towards a higher percentage of owners with problems, as : if one doesn't have any problems why go looking or complaining.
So far my truck has been relatively trouble free, except for the odd thrown code that resolves on its own so causes more worry than actual problems.
I keep up with the maintenance schedule, use Hot Shots Secret EDT at every tank and Diesel Extreme about every 6k-8K miles, and only use Rotella T6 5w-40 until last oil change when it was unavailable but found some t6 in 15w-40 and since it get's pretty hot in the Sacramento Valley figured that wouldn't hurt and should get me through until fall when the 5w-40 should be more available and hopefully cheaper.
Just put a Banks Derringer w/ I-Dash and a K&N filter on and have been pleased with the performance improvement, not that I was unhappy in it's stock form but who doesn't want just a little more? We just completed a 1900 mile RT to the Grand Canyon w/out the travel trailer and averaged over 28 mpg. So far, I couldn't be happier with the truck.

Last edited:

Tcretro

Dec 25, 2019
Truck Year
I bought my 2018 Laramie in November of 2018 and have since put just over $50K miles on it. I occasionally tow a 5K lb travel trailer and absolutely love the performance towing. the RAMBOX is a great addition and should've been done long ago. I've used the Vantech ladder racks and just recently added an Extang Trifecta 2.0 soft tonneau cover.
I read a lot of the different forums including this one and all of the horror stories of what a bad engine the the vm 3.0L v-6 is. Add that to the Safety Recall VB-1 the emissions settlement and FCA's generally poor customer service and it's easy to get really worried. My concern however is moderated by the belief that the forum user's population likely is skewed towards a higher percentage of owners with problems, as : if one doesn't have any problems why go looking or complaining.
So far my truck has been relatively trouble free, except for the odd thrown code that resolves on its own so causes more worry than actual problems.
I keep up with the maintenance schedule, use Hot Shots Secret EDT at every tank and Diesel Extreme about every 6k-8K miles, and only use Rotella T6 5w-40 until last oil change when it was unavailable but found some t6 in 15w-40 and since it get's pretty hot in the Sacramento Valley figured that wouldn't hurt and should get me through until fall when the 5w-40 should be more available and hopefully cheaper.
Just put a Banks Derringer w/ I-Dash and a K&N filter on and have been pleased with the performance improvement, not that I was unhappy in it's stock form but who doesn't want just a little more? We just completed a 1900 RT to the Grand Canyon w/out the travel trailer and averaged over 28 mpg. So far, I couldn't be happier with the truck.
I to have a 2018 Laramie ED. I have about 35000 on it. It to is best truck I’ve had. Just got back from Fla and it was bumping 39 mpg in 55 to 65 range. That was off the exway. On xway with speeds up to 80 still ended up in the 26 range. Can’t beat that with a 6000 lb truck. I keep up regular maint and if everything works I don’t screw with it. Had it in for 1 recall.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
I to have a 2018 Laramie ED. I have about 35000 on it. It to is best truck I’ve had. Just got back from Fla and it was bumping 39 mpg in 55 to 65 range. That was off the exway. On xway with speeds up to 80 still ended up in the 26 range. Can’t beat that with a 6000 lb truck. I keep up regular maint and if everything works I don’t screw with it. Had it in for 1 recall.
Hard to believe