• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Blown Tires & Electrical Damage

CSIMPSON

Feb 19, 2019
Truck Year
So, I was driving up the hill the other day and both my front and rear passenger tires exploded. I drove for about .25 miles to get it off the road. Wells ripped off and spinning rubber struck both connectors unplugging them which left me at a dead stop in the middle of the road. Towed the next morning, found both connectors unplugged, plugged them back in. Truck starts & runs fine EXCEPT now I've got ABS, traction, CEL & blinking glow plug light. I've got a tune but am having great difficulties re-tuning to stock. I'd like to go see the dealer but am unable to do so. Can someone please tell me what the silver connection is for? This remains unplugged. I've also noticed some pretty bad fraying on the black connector wires. I've got a $300 estimate to strip and re-install wires. Any input?

Connectors in question; Black in upper right hand corner next to green was knocked loose (frayed wires). Green connector with broken orange piece was knocked loose. Silver connection was knocked loose.

CSIMPSON

Feb 19, 2019
Truck Year
Update for those who find this useful. The silver connection is ABS. The frayed wires were stripped and reinstalled. All engine lights went away (blinking glow plug, ABS, traction and CEL. One of the frayed wires on the black connector operates the glow plug system.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
"So, I was driving up the hill the other day and both my front and rear passenger tires exploded" - what the hell?

CSIMPSON

Feb 19, 2019
Truck Year
"So, I was driving up the hill the other day and both my front and rear passenger tires exploded" - what the hell?
I think I may have ran over a pile of very sharp rocks. It was at night and we had just had an earthquake. Lots of loose rotten rock on steep slopes where I live.