• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Bought a 2015 Eco Laramie loaded did good for 49000 Mi then caught on fire and burnt up the engine no paint and body damage FCA said fires happen.

Swgunn

Jan 15, 2019
Truck Year
I have been in the auto repair business for 47 years so I Kept the old engine and have lots of pictures. Fires don't just happen. My insurance has paid over 20k to put another engine in my truck that FCA should have done. So after the trucks been in the shop for over 2 months on different occasions and I have 61,000 miles on it and its gone from and easy 27 miles per gallon to around 19 to 22 miles . It's just not the same truck I bought and without the Environmental warranty I would probably have over 15 k out of pocket. The dealership is trying but I am afraid it is a loosing battle. I am waiting to see a 2020 Eco diesel so I have not signed my settlement papers hoping that FCA can make some kind of settlement on the new truck before I carry them to court.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
You are inviting the same problems...I take it 47 Years in mostly gas repairs? I opted to Go 5.7 Limited.

The Problem is NOT FCA its VM/Fiat.

Fiat/VM certainly looking for its next foolish person willing to take the inherited risk VM3.0 has, What are going to do at Court? The Insurer is the party that should be suing Fiat/VM.

Fires are way above the Avg, Fiat claiming fires happen. So it OK is just VM Slang.

Swgunn

Jan 15, 2019
Truck Year
TC diesel, I don't really understand with a handal like TC diesel you must know the difference. I prefer the extra Tork Plus the extra fuel mileage I was very happy with the performance. Ford and GM coming online with a small diesel I would think FMC will be able to compete the 2002 30 EcoDiesel is a 3rd generation engine surely they have gotten the EGR and environmental problems solved since they are making them again. Thanks for your input and wish me luck.

Swgunn

Jan 15, 2019
Truck Year
TC diesel, I don't really understand with a handal like TC diesel you must know the difference. I prefer the extra Tork Plus the extra fuel mileage I was very happy with the performance. Ford and GM coming online with a small diesel I would think FMC will be able to compete the 2002 30 EcoDiesel is a 3rd generation engine surely they have gotten the EGR and environmental problems solved since they are making them again. Thanks for your input and wish me luck.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Swgunn, the technology (Multi-EGR) being used in 2020, was abandoned, By all other Dsl Power Plant MFGs, 2009-12 , I worked at CAT under contract, it was being Tested in the lab Here in their Global Road Paving Facility.

I have sources deep in engine development and MFG. I publicly declared back in 2015, that the 3.0 spec of MS110006 was incorrect, That it will fail CAA laws, its QC at cento is a major Problem and a big factor in Engine Puking,( I also stated that 250 Engines Per-Month were failing 2015-17 about 10 months at that level and 14-16 months 150) the EGR was poorly designed and will cause problems, the Engine is a soot producer and will require major service in DD Use. The Only thing I missed was the fires.

Mods and owners at 1500diesel.com claimed I was mad, and banned Me. Four years later the facts are in the 3.0VM world its the blind leading the blind.

I also supported the 1/2 Dsl at its release in 2014.

Asking small Dplc Dsl to produce the HP/TQ to push/tow 6000LBS+ requires boosting Cylinder pressure, this increases Cylinder compression that creates High flame temps that produce High Levels of NOx, SCR systems can only get so much of the NOx reduced, so EGR is required Internal or external, the 2004.5-07 5.9 Cummins has internal EGR the process is in the Tuning and cam.

Soon the On-road Dsl Power plants will have New SCR/NON-External EGR and New turbos and intake/plenums.

The 2020 VM3.0 is more hardware in an already over engineered under developed Power plant= same problems with just more cost $$$$.

Swgunn

Jan 15, 2019
Truck Year
TC diesel. I think you are saying that the engine is probably okay it's the environmental and the EGR and shoot problem being recirculated back through the intake. I agree! But it seems to me that Fiat and FCA would not make the same mistake and correct it on the 2020 3rd generation engine and EGR system. I am looking for a buyback back and a upgrade to a 2020.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The QC at Standard at VM Cento is low, 2018-19s still Puking.Until Fiat Upgrades Cento with modern Tooling and equipment , the 2020 wil be equal to the same QC 2014-19 problems, the 2020 Motor is more complex, Dual EGR piping is a rats nest in the engine compartment, and will add to already costly repairs.