• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Brake light out message

W Royalty

Apr 19, 2019
Truck Year
I recently had a brake light out warning showing right rear light out. I replaced a bad bulb and light is now working but warning still showing light out. I’ve pulled battery cable to see if that would clear the warning but it is still there. This is no big deal, only a bit irritating.

W Royalty

Apr 19, 2019
Truck Year
I have a Bluetooth obd2 code reader. I have used Carista app on iPhone to clear codes when cel was on but this comes up as a picture of truck showing right rear light out. I’ve probably driven 400 miles and it still comes on. Thought maybe it was a stored message, not a code.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
it only measures variance from expected resistance. You sure you got the right bulb? You sure you did not use an LED?

W Royalty

Apr 19, 2019
Truck Year
Didn’t use led. Replaced with same bulb that came out. Even pulled the other tail light and changed left and right bulb and plug. Still have right light message. Read a post where someone mentions flashing evic at dealership. I try to stay far away as I can from the $119/hr they like to charge and may not even fix my problem!

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
I assume you have had someone watch while test the bulbs, so...

try raising the resistance in the circuit. Install a 50 to 60 ohm resistor like you would do when you convert to LED bulbs. You can get a 4 pack with the connectors under 10 dollars.

W Royalty

Apr 19, 2019
Truck Year
I assume you have had someone watch while test the bulbs, so...

try raising the resistance in the circuit. Install a 50 to 60 ohm resistor like you would do when you convert to LED bulbs. You can get a 4 pack with the connectors under 10 dollars.

Thanks. Ordered from amazon. I’ll give this a try.

W Royalty

Apr 19, 2019
Truck Year
I ordered a couple fo led bulbs too so if they last like other leds I’ve used probably won go out fora long time.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Check the Bulbs and connection in the 3rd brake light.

W Royalty

Apr 19, 2019
Truck Year
Check the Bulbs and connection in the 3rd brake light.
When the warning came on I did have a bad bulb in right rear as indicated and it has been replaced and works fine but warning never went away.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Just check it....and if you remove the light seal it up good, they like to leak.