• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Bypass oil filter

Georgek

Oct 3, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Does anyone have any experience with the bypass oil filter systems for our trucks? If so, please share your results and the brand you used, how long you have used it, etc. It would seem to be a smart way to keep soot out of our oil for those who cannot legally do a tune or delete. Any experience with warranty issues with the added filter? Thanks

Liggett

Sep 13, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I installed an Amsoil "universal" bypass filter last month on my 2018 @7000 miles shortly after my 1st oil change. I had to add 1qt. of oil to account for the filter capacity.I did it for the reasons you mentioned even though I've had a GDE ECU since 345 miles which shuts off the EGR. I don't "expect" any warranty issues, but who really knows. My plan is to CHANGE the oil once per year since with my planned use of this truck, that will be somewhere around the 10,000 mile mark. At that time the plan is to dump out the remote filter, fill it with new oil and re-install. Change the remote every other oil change. The Amsoil filters down to 2 microns.