• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Cabin Air Recirc

Stan Laurel

Aug 3, 2015
Truck Year
I don't much care for breathing the noxious exhaust of some of the old clunkers and jalopies I share the road with daily. If the climate control is on, I engage the "Recirc" option to keep those fumes out. Usually. However, sometimes when I push the recirc button, all it does is blink a few times and go out - no recirc today, partner! This usually happens when it's cold out, but not always. Sometimes it is just random. Sometimes it actually works.

Anyone know/understand the logic behind this feature? Is there a way to defeat it so I can shut off the outside air when I want to, rather than when the truck feels like it?

andymax

Mar 5, 2016
The Recirc function is typically used on conjunction with the AC...(used to be called MAX AC). Modern automotive HVAC systems often run the AC without our knowledge, such as when the defroster is engaged, and so I wonder if when it blinks and shuts off that maybe it's related to when the AC in engaged.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
It's not going to Work anytime you're really trying to push heat into the cab because it cannot blow off the heater core when in recirculate