• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Calling for an electrician for a dumb Ram problem

LeakyRoof

Sep 10, 2021
Truck Year
2015 eco tradesman 75K miles. My rear passenger window will not work. It was stuck in the down position.

I know its not a pinched wire in the door jam.—Fully inspected all wires and took off the protective boot.

I know its not the motor on the door.—I jumped the motor with the other passenger motor to get the window back up.

I know its not a computer reset issue.—When I swapped out my door handle cable a few years back I learned that these trucks get really weird unplugging the electronics. So I unhooked the battery and let it sit for an hour. Did not help with the window issue.

What I do know, when I took my multimeter to the motor only one polarity went through. I do not remember if it was the +12v or -12v. I left it alone because it was winter and figured I would save it for a spring weather problem.

I’m down to the window master switch. Could that be it? Does that switch reverse the polarity for the motor? Or does it originate from somewhere else? Is there a way to test the master switch besides buying a new one and switching it out?

Also all wiring in the door are clean, no water damage, no signs of a obvious issue there

Thank you in advance

JeepJeep

Apr 6, 2021
Truck Year
Hi. The actual wiring diagram or electrical schematic is a must have. I am a electrician with many years of systems diagnostics experience. On my 2000 XJ - I could have never made an educated guess of the electrical route used to lock and unlock my doors. Although the master lock and control is on the drivers side, it was completely dependent on the passenger side switch, in order to operate properly. The schematics can usually be obtained from the shop service manual, or aftermarket automotive liteutre distributors. I downloaded the XJ manual from an online source, for about 30 dollars. The manual is priceless when diagnosing any electrical issues, and very helpful for any mechanical tasks you might take on.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Most all of that is canbus data signals now. It’s truly hard to troubleshoot. A good scanner can actually control the whole system and will tell you any errors in any module.

JeepJeep

Apr 6, 2021
Truck Year
My problem was two fold - an intermittent broken copper conductor at the door wiring harness boot AND a corroded switch contact. The switch contact corroded from rain water dripping onto the switch control console on the driver side door + a wire that made contact ( sometimes ) when the door was closed, but never made contact when the door was in the open position, to the passenger side switch module. In 2000 MY, can bus was not an issue with door locks and windows.