• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

can a new key fob be programmed without a trip with truck to the dealer?

Augiedoggy

Aug 18, 2021
Truck Year
Do I need to take my tuned truck into the dealership to have the key programmed and if so do I have to worry if theres an aftermarket tune on the ecm?

Hapahaole

Aug 7, 2021
Truck Year
Yes. There are a couple ways to do it. A lot of Indy shops can clone keys (that's how ours is) otherwise if you have AlphaOBD or know someone with it you can program a key.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
As far as I’m aware, Alfa is not capable of programming keys. The gentleman who did my spare had to call the dealer and mopar and ended up taking about an hour. Any reputable lock smith can do it

Augiedoggy

Aug 18, 2021
Truck Year
I plan on purchasing the alphaobd program so it would be nice if it could do it but its great that I have options.
Thanks Guys

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
No... You need IGN, Key , code, PIN , Token. 2019 Plus Bypass ability of SGM.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Correct 2018 plus for all FCA vehicles, You still need the rest plus the By-pass or WITECH for 2018+

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Lock and unlock FOBs no problem. Keyless start and entry ... Post 5&8

Augiedoggy

Aug 18, 2021
Truck Year
just wanted to follow up I was able to program my 2 new keys today with no issues. All together including the $50 alfaobd cost it cost me $68 plus the diesel to drive over to the dealership for my pin number. I already owned the ELM227 bluetooth obd interface I bought years ago to use with torque.

you can also program the keys with remote start using the highline system the same way according to what others have said on youtube..

Last edited: