• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Capless fuel filler

JharpJ

Aug 15, 2015
Truck Year
The capless fuel filler and lack of the ability to have a lock on the filler is my one big disapointment with my new Ram ecodiesel. How are other owners dealing with these problems?

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
The aftermarket chrome fuel door cover you find at pepboys is the only thing I could think of

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
The capless fuel filler and lack of the ability to have a lock on the filler is my one big disapointment with my new Ram ecodiesel. How are other owners dealing with these problems?
Sleeping with one eye open & the Browning at my side....

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Stick to good honest neighborhoods. ;) lol

Stan Laurel

Aug 3, 2015
Truck Year
Not thrilled about that either.....

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Dual flap neck and green plastic cap, I see it as a non-issue on the contamination side of it. As far as theft deterrent, a locking lid would be my choice. Most thieves would see that and just move on. An open lid and locking cap just lets them get that much closer....

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
As well as locking fuel caps.

Edit: not available for the EcoD's. My bad....

solarvic

Jun 28, 2015
Truck Year
I tried to syphon some fuel from my truck and couldn,t get the hose in far enough to get any fuel. Got the hose stuck in the filler tube and had a hard time getting it back out. So no one is going to steal any fuel. I worryd that snow could get into the tank so got one of those aluminum fuel caps like the one that was given as a monthly door prize here on the forum a couple months ago. I got mine from Amazon.