• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Car Play with Uconnect on 2018 Laramie EcoDiesel

Tcretro

Dec 25, 2019
Truck Year
I really like my truck except for the Car Play feature with my iPhone 5s. At first it would work most of the time, then sometime, now it won't work at anytime. I have done everything the forums say to do and have gone down several rabbit holes looking for answer but nothing. I don't know if it's a problem with phone or uconnect. At first my ram was showing on the phone but it wouldn't connect, one solution was to remove it from phone and set it back up. Now the phone won't detect the ram, so that kinda makes me think it's uconnect but no clue. I can plug phone into usb outlet and the phone will charge but no CarPlay .
Any ideas. This is a 2018 Ram EcoDiesel with 17000 miles, the Laramie Edition.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I know it sounds silly but turning the phone off and starting from scratch sometimes works with connectivity issues. My iPhone 6 used to glitch upon occasion and that worked.

Tcretro

Dec 25, 2019
Truck Year
Do you have someone elses iphone you can try and see if it behaves the same way? At least you can rule out the truck or the phone.
Great idea I will try that later today and report back.

Tcretro

Dec 25, 2019
Truck Year
I tried to connect my friends iPhone and it would not connect to car play either. I went through all the steps to connect so I am assuming it is a uconnect problem. What I have read in other posts I believe it is in the center console usb module. It is still under waranty so I'm going to call the dealer and have them look at it. Normally I don't like to go to dealers for something like this because I have had too many instances that other things don't work right when I get vehicle back.