• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Catastrophic failure

Firstandlastdodge

Apr 9, 2022
Truck Year
So… My husband had seen a used 2015 dodge ram eco-diesel 1500 crew cab for sale at a dealer. We needed some thing that the family could ride in and that he was comfortable with me driving daily. This was my first Dodge and is probably going to be my last. It was at the dealer more than it was in my driveway when I was able to drive it. We had the preset our church bless it, When a reality we should’ve had the priest perform an exorcism. We bought the truck in November 2021 with 121,000 miles, and five minutes later I have a $20,000 yard ornament, As it threw a rod and cracked the block. I should’ve taken a hint when the dealership service man had commented “how much do you like this truck?“

initially it could not do a re-GEN for the exhaust, then they said they had to get a catalytic converter for it. And they were backordered until March. In the five months that I owned the vehicle I drove it maybe three weeks worth.

i’m glad I didn’t get a catalytic converter for it because that would’ve been more money wasted.

worst engine design ever!

I wish I would’ve kept my 2011 mini countryman and just put a new motor in that. At least that was more reliable.

I am absolutely sick to my stomach over this

TCB

Apr 24, 2022
Truck Year
WE SHOULD ALL GET TOGETHER AND SUE CRYSLER ... In the same sitution with my 2015

Mar 28, 2022
Truck Year
WE SHOULD ALL GET TOGETHER AND SUE CRYSLER ... In the same sitution with my 2015
I agree..I bought a 2018 Ram 1500 may2021 by August engine seized died on side of road 58,000 miles on it have been through he'll last yr trying to get an engine replaced live in NH.because truck came from Canada USA will not honor warranty

Dream Big

Feb 1, 2017
Truck Year
So… My husband had seen a used 2015 dodge ram eco-diesel 1500 crew cab for sale at a dealer. We needed some thing that the family could ride in and that he was comfortable with me driving daily. This was my first Dodge and is probably going to be my last. It was at the dealer more than it was in my driveway when I was able to drive it. We had the preset our church bless it, When a reality we should’ve had the priest perform an exorcism. We bought the truck in November 2021 with 121,000 miles, and five minutes later I have a $20,000 yard ornament, As it threw a rod and cracked the block. I should’ve taken a hint when the dealership service man had commented “how much do you like this truck?“

initially it could not do a re-GEN for the exhaust, then they said they had to get a catalytic converter for it. And they were backordered until March. In the five months that I owned the vehicle I drove it maybe three weeks worth.

i’m glad I didn’t get a catalytic converter for it because that would’ve been more money wasted.

worst engine design ever!

I wish I would’ve kept my 2011 mini countryman and just put a new motor in that. At least that was more reliable.

I am absolutely sick to my stomach over this
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with the Ecodiesel. My ‘15 has 190k and still going strong.

biodiesel

Nov 24, 2020
Truck Year
My ‘15 has 190k and still going strong.

I'm at 105,000 on my 2015 with no major issues. We enjoyed owning the 2015 so much that we bought a second EcoDiesel (2020 truck). So far, it's been great, too. I think @TC Diesel is right, you either get a Hero or a Zero. So far, I have two Hero trucks!

biggrits21

Nov 24, 2019
Truck Year
I think I am in the club to. Awaiting word on my 2015 90k miles crank bearings I suspect. I replaced the trans at 87k.