• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Catch can check engine light problems

Weatherman68

Oct 14, 2023
Truck Year
I am new to the forum, so thanks in advance for your help. I recently acquired a 2017 ecodiesel. After reading about the issues with oil building up in the intake manifold I decided to install a catch can. Ever since I have issues with the check engine light coming on. The can I bought is sold as being specific to my truck. Contacted the manufacture of the can and they offered some help but it didn’t take care of the problem. Anyone have some suggestions? Somewhere I read that a sensor has to be moved downstream of the can but I am not sure what they are referring to. if someone knows I’d appreciate the assist.

rodd

Mar 19, 2022
Truck Year
I was thinking of doing a catch can but haven't had a chance to look for one. Which one did you go with? What is the code? That will tell you which sensor needs to be causing the problem. More important than a catch can is a bypass filter. The EGR dumps soot back into the oil causing engine failure. I went with one from Insane Diesel. It's worth the money and my oil is clean. They also have a fuel additive that burns clean and causes less soot. I have gone from a tank of Def every 10k miles to a tank every 17k miles or so. My mpg's on freeway are up 3 mpg's.