• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Caught fire driving down the road. Guess i am not the only one.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The sound foam should be removed for rodents and visual inspection....It also is damaging to all the components it smoothers. Both sides of the engine foam and CP4 cover. Also the Foam is always in the way for cleaning and repairs.

Only reason this garbage is use is to lower the sound,,, IMO you should NOT own a Diesel if sound a concern. Removed Sound insul 3.0 ecodiesel.jpgEcodiesel 3 0 - Copy (5).jpg

Gern2469

Sep 29, 2019
Truck Year
And They have been investigating since may2019

Attachments

• RMISC-19V757-6098-1.pdf
    120.7 KB · Views: 9

vwvanagen789

Mar 20, 2021
Truck Year
The sound foam should be removed for rodents and visual inspection....It also is damaging to all the components it smoothers. Both sides of the engine foam and CP4 cover. Also the Foam is always in the way for cleaning and repairs.

Only reason this garbage is use is to lower the sound,,, IMO you should NOT own a Diesel if sound a concern. View attachment 2369View attachment 2370

Thanks for the heads up. Was there any noticeable drop in temps with removing the foam insulation ?

k

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Removing all of that foam was one of the first things I did to my 2016 Eco.
For all the reasons TC said, especially the ability to see the engine at a glance and keeping it clean.
Back in 2016, the pundits came up with all kinds of ridiculous reasons why removing the foam was a bad thing to do. I've not found anything but good for removing it.