• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

CEL and Codes After Oil Change

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Can you here the blend door changing positions? What's the Coolant Temp? check the 3-way Valve, possibly coolant shutdown Valve , I don't know for sure if the 3.0 has the shut down Valve..... the coolant travels through two exchangers Oil/trans Fluid .... What are those Temps.

Chris Stultz

Nov 12, 2017
Truck Year
Trans temp is 185. Coolant is 194. Oil temp is 199. Oil pressure is 34 (cruising on hwy 65 mph)

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Trans, Coolant, Oil, Temps are Actual and it would seem the 3-way Coolant Valve is working correctly, The Oil PSI is L-O-M and should never be trusted.

Ecopete

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year
Think its "lie o meter" as it's not actual oil pressure reading, just a computation of temp and engine rpm. Theres a pressure sensor that turns on the warning at around 7psi which is way too late if it loses oil at hwy speed

Chris Stultz

Nov 12, 2017
Truck Year
Brought it to the dealer. Its the intake gasket. It's covered under warranty. Woohoo

Ecopete

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year
Hope they're not just going to throw parts at it........because they don't know where to start

Ecopete

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year
They said that's what the code is
This is the problem with vehicles and warranty claims that need to be "repaired" according to "the code".
You have a whistle and yes it could show it's got under boost or an intake leak and it could also be, a loose pipe, turbo failing, hole melted in intake, cracked egr pipe or a host of other things. So for your sake I hope they are right.
Earlier you said lack of heat and that points to coolant level issues as well

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
They could be talking about the manifold Gaskets, but those going bad are extremely rare, its a multi-layer compression Gasket, its wedged at both mating surfaces.

1607783188420.png

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Yep and when they take that intake offEcodiesel_3.0_Fire_Plenum_intake.jpg it going to look like this.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Me Two Chris, Just want owners to be prepare for what may or may not be the case. The Heat issue is likely related to the 3-Way Valve.
Chris at the mileage Your at, its going to cost Some $$$$ in long term ownership.

RStewy

Jul 25, 2023
Truck Year
So, I finally did my own oil change on 2014 ED w/160k miles. I had a CEL right after. The codes are P2D2E and P200B. After clearing them, they come back on while the engine is in idle. Otherwise, they stay away. This has been a couple of weeks now. I had thought maybe the engine just needed to run through a few cycles first. The only thing I did notice is that I can hear the turbo while driving. I never noticed this before. Any thoughts?
I had the exact same thing happen. 2015 ED w/ 210k miles.

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
Follow up.... tried to get my state inspection today. Obviously it didn't pass emissions. Im still stuck because those are a lot of different things to look at. I wish I had a more definitive code directing me to what is actually wrong. I scheduled an appt with the dealer to hook it up to their computer. I'm really hoping its just a sensor and something I can replace on my own. Would a battery disconnect maybe clear something? Just grasping for straws. I knows its not the map sensor. I just cleaned and fixed that the other day. When I did my oil change, I did spill some oil down the side under the filter. Is there a sensor there that could have got gunked up?
Check the o-ring on your map sensor. Make sure it is not broken and the sensor is seated fully. If it is broken or not seated it will suck air in. Not saying it is the issue, but could be part of a larger problem.