• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

CEL's P2BA9(new) and P20EE(again)

AndyIRV

Nov 19, 2019
Truck Year
2015 with 60500 miles. I did steam clean the DEF injector at 50,000 miles. The list of possibilities for these two CEL's seems to be pretty long. I'm taking it to the dealer tomorrow.
Any suggestions before it goes in?
Thanks

AndyIRV

Nov 19, 2019
Truck Year
How old is your def fluid?
2.5 gallons of new Kleen DEF and I had maybe 1/2 gallon of 3-4 months old. I did add 1 gallon of Distilled water as recommended by a few people here and other forums.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
They make a device to check the fluid to make sure it’s still good, but I wonder if your nozzle isn’t bad internally.

AndyIRV

Nov 19, 2019
Truck Year
They make a device to check the fluid to make sure it’s still good, but I wonder if your nozzle isn’t bad internally.
Their seems to be some fluid on the ground in the area of the filler, the injector and a little past the injector (towards the front of the truck) all on the drivers side. Some spots were dried and white on the ground, more spots showed up after starting this morning.
The other thing I noticed is the exhaust smell was like a diesel pre DEF. (didn't smell like sour pee)
Maybe the injector is clogged

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I wonder if the line joints are failing, not giving the injector enough pressure to fully do its job... deff interesting it’s leaving spots under the truck. Times like this makes me wish everyone lived closer so we could team up and check out these issues and brainstorm.

AndyIRV

Nov 19, 2019
Truck Year
I have been told its the catalytic converter. They will replace under the V08 recall warranty

AndyIRV

Nov 19, 2019
Truck Year
So, had another P20EE, they thought it had something to do with the reprogram recall to allow the truck to go into limp mode if tone ring delaminates. Its been at the dealer since mid last week. Now hear its a NOx sensor gone bad. they will replace on Thursday when part comes in. Advisor said it's under warranty. 10th+ time this code has come up in 6 months.

AndyIRV

Nov 19, 2019
Truck Year
Well, that apparently didn't work. 17 miles and CEL P20EE came back on. It seems they are stumped, not sure what to do. but had a conversation about loaner vehicle. Hope they have an answer for me soon. Service advisor seems to think their is a much bigger issue, they cant seem to find.

Anybody experience this code, this often? With no answers.