• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

CFT turbo muff/baffle delete

Milvetmac

Mar 25, 2020
Truck Year
I got the delete installed today and used a set of constant pressure clamps from turbo smart and it had an initial positive increase in throttle response and very slight torque whine to 30mph then BAM blew the inter oiled side hose off with enough force to almost dislodge the hose from the intercooler... (at factory bolt torque spec), from there I bumped the torque spec up 5lbs at a time until it literally wouldn’t tighten anymore and it’s still blowing off; so A) the Powdercoating is making it too slick
B) the bead roll isn’t tall/aggressive enough
C) combination of the two

so after spending a solid hour fabricating a mount to hold the hose/piping up solid since the factory mount wouldn’t work anymore, and however long it took to pull it all out/re install multiple times I’m pretty disappointed I had to go back to the oem baffle After all that. Spent money and a lot of wasted time with no solution

Foxracingx02

Sep 13, 2019
Truck Year
Best thing you could do is replace the factory piping with an aftermarket setup, the trouble is at the bottom of the baffle it makes a hard turn, so when pressure hits it pushes into that hard bend. So try to double clamp it, If it's blowing off at the intercooler replace the clamp and tighten the hell out of it, it poly plastic so it's not going to break makes sure the hose is pushed on past where your clamp is at, or add a second clamp,. I use 1.50 clamps from rual king and they work awsome @ 35psi,. But if you have aluminum piping don't tighten too much or it will bend the pipe and leak, there is a fine line, I've found it a few times :)

Milvetmac

Mar 25, 2020
Truck Year
Best thing you could do is replace the factory piping with an aftermarket setup, the trouble is at the bottom of the baffle it makes a hard turn, so when pressure hits it pushes into that hard bend. So try to double clamp it, If it's blowing off at the intercooler replace the clamp and tighten the hell out of it, it poly plastic so it's not going to break makes sure the hose is pushed on past where your clamp is at, or add a second clamp,. I use 1.50 clamps from rual king and they work awsome @ 35psi,. But if you have aluminum piping don't tighten too much or it will bend the pipe and leak, there is a fine line, I've found it a few times :)
awesome, thanks for the info! i am probably going to just go with aftermarket set up at this point im tired of "trying things" to make it work and cft doesnt want to respond or give me a solution; so off to the bin it goes