• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Chronic Ecodiesel emissions issues.

jftgrld

Jun 28, 2022
Truck Year
I have a 2014 JGC ecodiesel with 100,000 miles. I like the vehicle for versatility, towing and long trips, but cannot avoid routine short trips. Currently, it's hard to replace this vehicle. I am spending too much money on the emissions system. I never know how is is performing until the MIL comes on or the countdown message comes on mostly at inconvenient times. I am considering a suitable scanner that would let me monitor, run regens, check sensors, DEF system performance, etc. I fine this forum interesting so far.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
I have a 2014 JGC ecodiesel with 100,000 miles. I like the vehicle for versatility, towing and long trips, but cannot avoid routine short trips. Currently, it's hard to replace this vehicle. I am spending too much money on the emissions system. I never know how is is performing until the MIL comes on or the countdown message comes on mostly at inconvenient times. I am considering a suitable scanner that would let me monitor, run regens, check sensors, DEF system performance, etc. I fine this forum interesting so far.
Welcome to the forum
The newest Edge CTS3 will do all that you mention except initiate a regen
An Edge CTS2 will do it all and initiate a regen.
I use a CTS2 on my 2016 1500 ECO's daily driver short-hop local trips.
Whenever the CTS2 shows 65% soot level the Eco will regen. When it gets to 64% I head for the freeway and let it regen. Sometimes I am unable to do that, have to continue locally or make a stop or two. It will get to 75% before it regens. Being able to monitor keeps you in control. Highly recommend a CTS2 for your 2014.
Here's what I monitor

Attachments

• 03a-Edge CTS2 Screen-1.jpg
    03a-Edge CTS2 Screen-1.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 9

jftgrld

Jun 28, 2022
Truck Year
Welcome to the forum
The newest Edge CTS3 will do all that you mention except initiate a regen
An Edge CTS2 will do it all and initiate a regen.
I use a CTS2 on my 2016 1500 ECO's daily driver short-hop local trips.
Whenever the CTS2 shows 65% soot level the Eco will regen. When it gets to 64% I head for the freeway and let it regen. Sometimes I am unable to do that, have to continue locally or make a stop or two. It will get to 75% before it regens. Being able to monitor keeps you in control. Highly recommend a CTS2 for your 2014.
Here's what I monitor
John
Thank you for this helpful info. Can the CTS monitor the DEF system and perform a reductant quantity test?

Last edited:

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
John
Thank you for this helpful info. Can the CTS monitor the DEF system and perform a reductant quantity test?
Yes, The CTS3 can tell you the DEF being used, the demand, its % Urea, etc. The CTS2 I believe only monitors the SCR temp (EGT4)
I don't know what a "reductant quantity test" is
The Edge website will tell you it can do