• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Cleaned map sensor and egr tube wow!

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
GDE , Stay away from 1500diesel.com that site has NOT nothing for you except take your $$$.

Autoforums or Velocity Forums, are no more then Money Junkie's.

Yes if its sold to Canada, This unit would be legal, it only takes ONE violation to cost $$$$$ in fines.

The latest.97hmcs, Really 97, I have a hard time believing its only option Brake/Regen its a trap IMO, and way to Risky at this time.

Discussion Starter • #1 2 hours ago
I'm in the middle of making some changes and would like to sell my GDE tuned ECM.

2014 Bighorn
Turbo brake option
Regen notice option

USA owners will need something like Alpha OBD to change VIN & injector codes as I understand it.

$500.00 includes shipping to USA. If you are not in the USA, I can send it to GDE since I believe they will set it up for your truck for a small fee.

Please feel free to PM me if interested. Thanks.

RamRick

Oct 21, 2020
Truck Year
Hello Ecodiesel Fans, New to this forum which I found while looking for ways to clean my EGR, To help others, I found an interesting solution that cleans the whole system.
I hope those looking for a solution find this link working and useful? I'm not sure of the cost however a local Dodge dealer here in Canada wanted $500.00 Bucks and 5 hours to take it all apart and clean, ridiculous especially since they mentioned to do it every 50k- 30m

RamRick

Oct 21, 2020
Truck Year
I think I was mistaken for MAF sensor mass air flow but would like to know where the MAP sensor is probably mine needs cleaning
I just cleaned mine, was totally plugged up and boy what a difference it made in power and response afterwards, A totally different truck! The Map Sensor is located at the back top centre of the engine next to the firewall with one Torx screw. Be sure to use only Sensor Cleaner either MAP or MASS if you can find it.

RamRick

Oct 21, 2020
Truck Year
I am new to diesels. What sort of performance issues would one expect with a fouled MAP sensor and EGR tube? I purchased my ecodiesel with 63K miles last Fall, now at 72K.
Rough Idle, Poor fuel economy, Hesitation, Stalling, or misfiring are but a few! If you experience any of these symptoms I would clean them, both, Are very easy to do, and makes a world of difference.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Hmmm, you had better Change the LUBE after that procedure (both)... The 3.0 is laden with rotating mass failures, some of that soot is going to contaminate the Lube.