• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Cleaners That Remove Soot?

Godzuki

Mar 20, 2019
Truck Year
Newbie to diesel engines and looking for the wisdom of the community. I just bought a 2016 Ecodiesel with 44k miles 9-days ago and it's already back at the dealership because of a check engine light (code P026C) which is an issue with the injectors. The dealership states that they will replace the injectors.

I've been reading about how people clean the EGR valve (?), and the MAP sensor. I plan on purchasing the GDE mod after the new injectors are installed. My question is if anyone knows of fuel system cleaners (e.g. Royal Purple Max-Tane, Sea Foam, and so on) will help keep those injectors clean.

A follow-on question is if there are any recommended engine flush products that would help remove the soot build-up.

Thanks, in advance, for your insights.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
I've run the GDE tune since 5k miles, I think you will be pretty happy.

I am not sure how to clean the intake or how to flush the engine. Check in the maintenance forum to see what others have done before.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
it is hard to say any soot plus large pieces will b run through the engine the only way is to remove it and pressure wash it