• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Climate control 2016 ED

EcoBrian

Mar 28, 2019
Truck Year
I've had my ED for about 15 months now. It has only 48K miles. My heater has stopped working consistently. The unit will provide heat for the first 10 minutes in manual control. If I switch to auto control, it will only blow cold air with temp setting significantly higher than cab temp. If I take the control back to manual, it too blow cold air. No matter what I change, I can't get the unit to blow hot air. It has been raining here the last couple days so the temp sensor is not getting warmed from the sun. The hoses are hot heading through the fire wall. Any suggestions?

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
are there any other odd things happening like a bouncing gauge, flickering light? I suspect the Body Control Module needs a re flash. Highly doubtful all four actuators stopped working all at once. There used to be a way to recalibrate the whole a/c & heat system with the recirc button but I am sure that is a dated fix.

make sure your coolant bottle is full first.

EcoBrian

Mar 28, 2019
Truck Year
are there any other odd things happening like a bouncing gauge, flickering light? I suspect the Body Control Module needs a re flash. Highly doubtful all four actuators stopped working all at once. There used to be a way to recalibrate the whole a/c & heat system with the recirc button but I am sure that is a dated fix.

make sure your coolant bottle is full first.

EcoBrian

Mar 28, 2019
Truck Year
CS
There aren't any of odd things happening as you mention above. There is one significant odd thing happening that started on the same trip that I noticed the lack of warm air. I have had about 4-5 occurrences of the truck stalling when taking off from a stopped condition at a red light. When taking off from a stopped condition, the engine does not respond to the accelerator being depressed. The truck moves very slowly (5mph guess) for what feels like an eternity with cars behind getting anxious. After this slow movement, the engine controls start working and the engine revs up to the operating point of where the accelerator is being held. On one occasion the back tires broke loose on wet pavement. Everything works fine with take offs from a stopped condition at the next light and so on. The latest occurrence was yesterday morning. When stopped yesterday, I could feel something different under the hood with a slight shake before the slow takeoff. I pulled a 3000 LB trailer this past weekend with no issues. Since they started at the same time, it seems the heat and engine control are related. The heat issue consistently happens while luckily the takeoff issue is sporadic.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
hmm. Look at your overflow bottle and see if it is full. (full to the seam line). Then check your oil and see if it look good or contaminated. I am wondering if you don't have a coolant leak.

fiero11

Sep 30, 2019
Truck Year
My 2015 is having the same stalling issues exactly as you describe, but my seems to do it almost all the time unless you are slowing down into a light and it changes. If you have to stop at a light or sign for more than 30 seconds it stalls like you stated and when it stops lagging, takes off because the pedal is pushed to the floor.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
there IS A PROBLEM with the heat flap braking meaning no heat I believe its called a blend door

Last edited:

Sadrian42

Nov 16, 2020
Truck Year
I am having the same issues and a sporadic left rear turn signal out and the indicator flashing fast on the dash, but if you get out of the truck and check the turn signals they are working fine. It is like their is some sort of glitch in the system.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Had an issue with my truck saying reverse lights out, swapped with led bulbs when I got it never had an issue till I put led headlights and fog lights in. Got the error every other day or so until I put the resistors in the headlights. No problem with error message since