• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

CODE ISSUE

John

Nov 13, 2015
Found this
P1296 - EGR system slow response.

This means that the EGR mass flow rate is changing too slowly compared to what the setpoint value is asking for. Since you don't have any EGR valve position faults, then likely the EGR system is sooted up or obstructed.

P0401 EGR Flow insufficient

muddster

Apr 10, 2019
Truck Year
Found this
P1296 - EGR system slow response.

This means that the EGR mass flow rate is changing too slowly compared to what the setpoint value is asking for. Since you don't have any EGR valve position faults, then likely the EGR system is sooted up or obstructed.

P0401 EGR Flow insufficient
Receiving same two codes (p0401 and P1296 and I cleared them with a cheap Walmart OBDII/EOBD). I did purchase a new MAP sensor and I will clean things up this week end, like the EGR Diffuser and install new MAP sensor

muddster

Apr 10, 2019
Truck Year
I did clean up EGR Tube and installed a new MAP and the light did go off. I still have issues related to P0401 from my Bosch 1200 to include:
1.Fuel system Mon (INC)
2. NMHC Cat Mon (DIS)
3. Exhst Gas Sensr (INC)
4PM Filter mon (Inc)
I am assuming the INC is incomplete not sure on the DIS

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
I did clean up EGR Tube and installed a new MAP and the light did go off. I still have issues related to P0401 from my Bosch 1200 to include:
1.Fuel system Mon (INC)
2. NMHC Cat Mon (DIS)
3. Exhst Gas Sensr (INC)
4PM Filter mon (Inc)
I am assuming the INC is incomplete not sure on the DIS
1 hour highway speed ride should clean it up

muddster

Apr 10, 2019
Truck Year
1 hour highway speed ride should clean it up
I cleanup and I drove from WI (76MPH) to South Dakota (82 MPH) on Monday March 15, 2019 and I am getting a silent code where the engine idiot light does not come on and when I check the code is still there. It maybe the ECU maintains previous codes. Not sure. My MPH increased from 18 MPH to 24 MPH after clean up job

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
I get 28 on the highway with the GDE tune. My wife took it to Virginia a couple times and the computer said 32 mpg. I have the HFE version with the tonneau cover and the step rails and the cheap bumper that gets the best mileage. Its a hose out special with vinyl upholstery but it is my favorite truck ever. I use the GDE hot tune.

Last edited: