• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Code question

Miram

Apr 21, 2019
Truck Year
Hello I recently bought a 14 eco and love it but having issues already with p20ee codes. Anyway I recently was driving and the engine shuttered like it was missing only for a second then was fine. It happened 4 times that day then cel came on. The code was p1289 when I looked it up (google) all I could find was cyl temp sensor, checked coolant and was low so parked the truck. Then I checked it 2 days later and the coolant was back up to normal, weird. I cleared the code and drove for a week without problems and now seems like the same thing is happening again. I'm trying not to take it back to the dealer but may have to any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
p20ee code makes me think think your DEF injector is salted over and needs to be cleaned. There is a video you can follow.

But the more important problem is the p1289. What did the temperature gauge say when it threw the code? Also could you check the coolant level with the engine warmed up? If you don't have a coolant leak I suspect an EGR leak, but first I would need to be confident it is actually low on coolant or not.

Miram

Apr 21, 2019
Truck Year
I replaced the injector still throws the code every couple days just going to delete anyway. Temp gauge was normal and coolant was fine warm or cold until the code came back. My first thought was egr also but the level returned to normal after sitting a couple days (first for me). I'm going to check it tomarow after sitting for 24 hrs and go from there I guess.

Miram

Apr 21, 2019
Truck Year
I also found on here p1289 could be tune valve solenoid

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
Often though the P1289 code is caused by a bad ECM or a bad wiring harness. It could be a bad flash or a bad ECM or a bad wiring harness. I think you want to isolate that. Do you have an extended warranty?

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
If you are going to delete, that will replace the flash on your ECM. Maybe PM Greendiesel, who is active on this board, and ask them if there is a way to diagnose a bad ECM. I don't know where you got the truck but I think you are finding out why the last person sold / traded it. But I am sure you will get to the bottom of it!

Miram

Apr 21, 2019
Truck Year
Yes I thought the same thing, I did have it checked before I bought it and it had no past codes of any importance and the local dodge dealer told me the def problems could not been covered up. Luck of the draw I guess, I really like the truck just want it to work. U will be contacting gde and go from there. Thank you very much for all your help.

AussieStrider

Feb 1, 2021
Truck Year
I just had the dreaded P20EE code pop up on Saturday (Jan 30, 2021). This is only the second time in 136,xxx miles that I've had a check engine light come on. Amazing. Ecorumble sent me the link to this vid (thanks brother). I've give it a whirl and see if it works.

AussieStrider 2014 white Tradesman CC; 2" Mopar lift ;18" rims; no tuning (yet....)