• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Contaminated diesel fuel

mbaggie

Jan 14, 2023
Truck Year
I took in my 2021 ram longhorn eco-diesel this week after it started to lose power and misfire. I was told that the fuel in the tank was contaminated, but not sure with what. I put fuel in this week from our own tank that we fill numerous trucks and other equipment With every day and also I filled DEF the same day. They have told me that the fuel system parts need to be changed to the tune of about $9000. I don’t understand how the fuel could have been contaminated. I filled it myself and from a reliable source. Any ideas?

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Get a fuel sample from tour RAM and your own tank, have it tested to make sure both are good!

mbaggie

Jan 14, 2023
Truck Year
Thank you. I will do that but we buy fuel by the truck and trailer load and we just filled our tank.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
So what type of filtration is installed on the transfer Tank? Zinga AE-3AZL is the ONLY filter I trust for Auxiliary or Transfer Tanks.

Attachments

• Zinga Ae-3AZL.jpg
    Zinga Ae-3AZL.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Auxiliary Tank Ram 3500 - Copy.jpg
    Auxiliary Tank Ram 3500 - Copy.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Ram 13 Zinga filter.jpg
    Ram 13 Zinga filter.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 2

Dennis M

Sep 8, 2016
Truck Year
Did you try changing your Fuel Filter. I got water and what looked like rust in my fuel when I filled up when the Tanker was filling the stations tanks truck started fine I drove 2 or 3 miles down the road than ran like crap then got water in filter notifications on dash . Was on a camping trip 5 hours from home pulling a 5th wheel trailer stopped at the first auto supply store added half a can of Diesel conditioner. Made it home safely. Drained fuel found about 10 ounces of water and sludge in fuel.Called the supplier and station both denied any responsibility. Lesson learned never buy fuel or gas when tanker is stirring up fuel in tanks .I have pictures of water but the files are too big to post.Sorry about the Novel.

mbaggie

Jan 14, 2023
Truck Year
This picture shows fuel from my tank on the right and what it should look like on the left.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Well I am not an expert but the fuel from your tank (on the right) definitely looks cloudy. I would say contaminated fuel is a possibility at least..

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Baggie , I've seen this many Times, I could give a big explanation why it happens You just better off calling Me for Insurance reasons 763-228-7121 Todd We are TC Diesel.com

Attachments

• fuel contaminated.jpg
    fuel contaminated.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Fuel Pod Tank Holiday.jpg
    Fuel Pod Tank Holiday.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 4