• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Coolant Leak in Back of engine.

Ramman1

Jun 7, 2019
Truck Year
Stopped by the dealership today. Mechanic says the cyl head is cracked along with the block. ??Way overheated, but never showed any heat problem and never even "de-rated" for high heat, let along show any trouble codes of any type.
MoPar is checking on warranty coverage.
Nonsense. Mine never overheated either I kept topping it off until I had the dealer diagnose it. They had it for a week before they told me they couldn’t get the part, so I supplied a used one from E bay.

EcoLeesiel

Oct 2, 2018
Truck Year
Great video here regarding the manifold removal on our Ecodiesel's.......

Ramman1

Jun 7, 2019
Truck Year
Great video here regarding the manifold removal on our Ecodiesel's.......

I paid $1,200.00 for the dealer to install the cooling line. I still had my EGR cooler then, but now no more soot, cooler engine temps, more power, no def, wish I had done the delete day 1.

vicker50

Nov 29, 2022
Truck Year
I paid $1,200.00 for the dealer to install the cooling line. I still had my EGR cooler then, but now no more soot, cooler engine temps, more power, no def, wish I had done the delete day 1.
Ramman1, I'm dealing with the same bullshit. I'm want to the EGR and DPF delete...could you please share with me what kit you used, and any other helpful tools? Much appreciated.

Ramman1

Jun 7, 2019
Truck Year
Ramman1, I'm dealing with the same bullshit. I'm want to the EGR and DPF delete...could you please share with me what kit you used, and any other helpful tools? Much appreciated.
Wasn't a kit, it was a small diesel shop, they do it "off the books" or face EPA fines. There are a lot of places like this around, if you ask a diesel shop its likely they do them on the side. Block off plate and new exhaust to replace the big catalytic converters, and a new tune, again I don't have any specific info on that, I picked up 40 horses and lost all turbo lag. I paid cash too. Keep the cats, you can sell them.

vicker50

Nov 29, 2022
Truck Year
Wasn't a kit, it was a small diesel shop, they do it "off the books" or face EPA fines. There are a lot of places like this around, if you ask a diesel shop its likely they do them on the side. Block off plate and new exhaust to replace the big catalytic converters, and a new tune, again I don't have any specific info on that, I picked up 40 horses and lost all turbo lag. I paid cash too. Keep the cats, you can sell them.
Thanks man. I live in a small town, and have a mechanic that will do it, but I need to get all the stuff for him. I can't wait to do it and wish I would have sooner. Damn that system is a pain in the ass. I hadn't realized they were re-feeding particulates and exhaust back into the engine.

Scatpack1

Oct 30, 2019
Truck Year
Exactly the same. About 150K miles. Coolant running off the back of the block down the transmission housing, losing a quart every 40 miles. Yep was the banjo coolant fitting to the turbo. I had the dealer replace the two return lines as well.
No recall.
The labor list is correct.
My cost just less than $4K.
Wanted to update everyone on my ecodiesel water leak and the repair required to fix it.
#1, The dealer told me it was a ten hour repair and would cost me $3800 + sales tax to repair the banjo water fitting under the intake.
SO My son and I decided to do it ourselves in my garage. It cost me nothing for us to repair it.
Some things and issues.
#1, issue: A LOT of sensor plugins that are super difficult to get off the sensors because of their double release design.
They are all the way back in the engine compartment under the dash and not much room to work in or to get your hands into.
#2, Had to buy one tool that I did not have to get the Turbo pipe off. Had to make another tool from a T40 torque bit and a 1/4 inch drive wrench. Had to grind the torque bit down so the total tool was no more than 3/8 wide. OR you could not get the 4 bolts out of the gas lines on each side because they are too close to the intake. I don't have a clue how the factory does it.
#3, The banjo fitting was only a 3/8 inch hose and we only needed a 3 inch rubber hose to repair it along with two new 3/8 hose clamps.
#4, The intake was super gummed up with black soot and carbon from the EGR tube. I soaked the intake over night in a 5 gallon bucket filled with diesel and was able to get the inside of the ports pretty much cleared up enough that you could get air through the ports. NASTY, NASTY, NASTY PART of this JOB! Black gooey crap all over everything. :LOL:
Went back together in a couple of hours after replacing the water hose that had deteriorated due to its exposure to super hot turbo heat. IF you decide to tackle it yourself, I recommend going with silicone water hose like used on motor cycles.
It was not difficult or high skill required. Just getting the electrical connections to release from the sensors.
We labeled each fitting when we removed them so we could get them back onto the correct sensors.
Watch the YouTube videos before you start and you will see what we went through.
Total time was less than 6 hours for us to do it.
Drove it around the block a couple of times and so glad to have my truck back together.
All in all, the job was not super difficult to do, just time consuming because of all of the sensor plugs and inability to reach them easily. GOOD luck if you try to do it.

Ramman1

Jun 7, 2019
Truck Year
This was mine, how confident are you with the hose clamp, hose, repair? Vs a new pressed line. For all that work, why not use a new one? 81CC0067-7620-46AE-8CED-AEFFDF4EB7D6.jpeg

Redneck 2022

Jun 11, 2022
Truck Year
Stopped by the dealership today. Mechanic says the cyl head is cracked along with the block. ??Way overheated, but never showed any heat problem and never even "de-rated" for high heat, let along show any trouble codes of any type.
I used an endoscope to find the leaking turbo line. Slide the camera underneath the front of the intake manifold. Was able to see the hose leaking and captured a video of the leak.

Gregggarcia16

May 13, 2022
Truck Year
Have a 2015 Eco Diesel with 144,000 miles. So let me say I have owned this truck since 2017. And I Love the truck, BUT these poor design issues are getting the best of me.
I have a bad coolant leak in the back of the engine. Dealer said it was the bango hose that goes from the top side of the block, to the bottom of the turbo charger. Dealer wants over $4000 to replace this 8 inch hose. He also said they had to remove the intake, remove the injectors, raise the body and remove the turbo unit to replace this hose.
Has anyone else had this issue and how did you get it fixed. Is there a recall on it???
Ok so you can buy a replacement hose that’s only the section that’s under the intake so you can bypass raising the body and removing the injectors just the intake and fuel lines from the intake I just did it and installed a new intake while I was in there because I deleted and removed the egr

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
Wanted to update everyone on my ecodiesel water leak and the repair required to fix it.
#1, The dealer told me it was a ten hour repair and would cost me $3800 + sales tax to repair the banjo water fitting under the intake.
SO My son and I decided to do it ourselves in my garage. It cost me nothing for us to repair it.
Some things and issues.
#1, issue: A LOT of sensor plugins that are super difficult to get off the sensors because of their double release design.
They are all the way back in the engine compartment under the dash and not much room to work in or to get your hands into.
#2, Had to buy one tool that I did not have to get the Turbo pipe off. Had to make another tool from a T40 torque bit and a 1/4 inch drive wrench. Had to grind the torque bit down so the total tool was no more than 3/8 wide. OR you could not get the 4 bolts out of the gas lines on each side because they are too close to the intake. I don't have a clue how the factory does it.
#3, The banjo fitting was only a 3/8 inch hose and we only needed a 3 inch rubber hose to repair it along with two new 3/8 hose clamps.
#4, The intake was super gummed up with black soot and carbon from the EGR tube. I soaked the intake over night in a 5 gallon bucket filled with diesel and was able to get the inside of the ports pretty much cleared up enough that you could get air through the ports. NASTY, NASTY, NASTY PART of this JOB! Black gooey crap all over everything. :LOL:
Went back together in a couple of hours after replacing the water hose that had deteriorated due to its exposure to super hot turbo heat. IF you decide to tackle it yourself, I recommend going with silicone water hose like used on motor cycles.
It was not difficult or high skill required. Just getting the electrical connections to release from the sensors.
We labeled each fitting when we removed them so we could get them back onto the correct sensors.
Watch the YouTube videos before you start and you will see what we went through.
Total time was less than 6 hours for us to do it.
Drove it around the block a couple of times and so glad to have my truck back together.
All in all, the job was not super difficult to do, just time consuming because of all of the sensor plugs and inability to reach them easily. GOOD luck if you try to do it.
I have seen several youtube videos. Can you send the link to your video? Also, what was the mileage on the truck when you saw the leak?

SJK

Aug 19, 2018
Truck Year
Have a 2015 Eco Diesel with 144,000 miles. So let me say I have owned this truck since 2017. And I Love the truck, BUT these poor design issues are getting the best of me.
I have a bad coolant leak in the back of the engine. Dealer said it was the bango hose that goes from the top side of the block, to the bottom of the turbo charger. Dealer wants over $4000 to replace this 8 inch hose. He also said they had to remove the intake, remove the injectors, raise the body and remove the turbo unit to replace this hose.
Has anyone else had this issue and how did you get it fixed. Is there a recall on it???
https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/content/dam/fcacourtsettlement/pdf/AEM Extended Warranty.pdf • The turbocharger system including all related hoses and pipes, all sensors and actuators. If you have AEM Extended Warranty it looks like it's covered

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year

243Marty

Oct 5, 2021
Truck Year
I'm having mine replaced as I speak. Went to a diesel mechanic and NOT the dealer. They are going to put stainless braided line press fitted, clean my intake and replace my pressurized coolant reservoir (Stress cracks in numerous places). $450 labor plus parts which will be well under a $1000. Dealer wanting $4000.

ALAN HIIESALU

Jan 31, 2017
Truck Year
I just repaired my motor, I think you can remove injector lines and leave injector in motor. (Mark each line. and take pictures) remove air intake and turbo pipe Remove the eletrical connectors carefully dont break the them. Youtube how to disscconnect them if having problems. Remove intake bolts. dont drop small bolts in to motor use a magnet. Intake is plastic once it is removed You should see the hose and metal pipe, buy a new one and install make sure the copper washers are in place and they seal . I would also clean carbon in the intake I use a pressure washer to blast out the carbon. The EGR pumps a lot of carbon into the intake and the build up
is what destroys these motors. DELETE THE EGR IF YOU CAN . Here is a video of my Rebuild

dcolvin57

Oct 7, 2023
Truck Year
I have a coolant leak on my 2014 Ram ecodiesel. It leaks so little that i can't tell where it is coming from. I do see some fluid underneath that appears to have dripped down but can't tell where it is coming from. I haven't had a pressure test done because it seems such a small leak that i don't think it will show anything. Wondering if it is the 'bango' hose as reported above?

ALAN HIIESALU

Jan 31, 2017
Truck Year
The hose is under the black intake manifold. It is about 6 inches long and is connected with clamps. There is no other way to replace the hose.
I had a CP4 pump failure due to diesel that is stripped of lubricant's by EPA anyway I attached a video of my motor repair you should see the were the hose is. I add 4 ounces Marvel Mystery oil to my tank and problem solved.

Ramman1

Jun 7, 2019
Truck Year
I paid 1200 to have mine replaced.

Attachments

• IMG_0666.jpeg
    IMG_0666.jpeg
    605.5 KB · Views: 6