• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Coolant Leak - Swear its the same issue as before

Rafarodr

Jan 30, 2020
Truck Year
So just how the original issue started last time I have coolant leak. Slow when the vehicle is off. Faster when it is running an running faster when pressing the accelartor.

I took it to the same dealership that fixed it last time (it was bought out by a new dealership) and they claim it is just a leaking reservoir and coolant hose. They swear they checked the EGR, but I'm having serious doubts because the coolant leaked in the same exact manner the week leading up to the truck throwing itself in safety mode.

My question has anyone dealt with the issue coming up again after the recall repair and how did they get confirmation to the dealership regarding the extended warranty.

The number on FCA's website regarding the extended warranty goes to the settlement claims folks and while they are kind enough and want to be helpful they don't seem to have much info on what is covered by the warranty and relaying that information to the dealership.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
If you have oem egr or recalled replacement egr, it’s more than likely failed again

Rafarodr

Jan 30, 2020
Truck Year
If you have oem egr or recalled replacement egr, it’s more than likely failed again
It seems like they just replaced the old EGR with same recalled version and its the same issue. The problem is that the dealership that did the service got bought and the new dealership doesn't want to look into the EGR instead blaming it on the coolant reservoir.

I'm trying to find anyone at FCA that can contact them and tell them to do it correctly and under the extended warranty.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
If egr was replaced before the recall, then you should follow up for replacement. If it has been replaced, most all mopar parts hve 2 year unlimited mile warranty, at least electrical stuff does.

bedhead

May 3, 2023
Truck Year
I have a 2016 and had the EGR cooler recall replaced in 2019. A couple months ago my truck started losing coolant. About 1 gallon over several hundred miles. I heard the fan come on like crazy. I'm still under warranty so I took it in an i had some weird issue with my reservoir cap so they replaced the whole reservoir thinking that might be it. They gave it back to me without pressure testing it and in about 6 weeks i had lost another gallon. I took it back and i was pretty set for it to be the EGR again but they said there was some three way valve that was leaking when they pressure tested it. They replaced that and luckily i also got them to replace the map light console because i have a fancy one with the Laramie that you can't replace the bulbs so the whole thing had to be replaced.

Anyhow, just wanted to report to the OP that it may not necessarily be the EGR. I'll report back in a while if i lose coolant again!

bedhead

May 3, 2023
Truck Year
Did you ever get an fix on this? i've had multiple parts replaced and i'm still losing coolant. Everytime I tell them it's probably the EGR cooler, they say that the pressure test would have shown this or shown an error code. They replaced the resevoir, the 3 way valve, the water pump and the thermostat. I even gave it back to them to drive it themselves and they put 40 miles on it, saw th coolant going lower and told me the manager said, "the coolant is just settling" ! What a joke!

I had to do a family trip, i brought 2 gallons of coolant with me over 1,000 miles.