• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Coolant Recovery Tank: Bottom Exit Hose/Discharge

Gossman78

Oct 2, 2016
Truck Year
Stock 2015 EcoDiesel: On the Coolant Recovery Tank/Coolant Reservoir there is a hose that exits from the bottom of the tank, makes a turn to the passenger side and runs across a small portion of the radiator and then runs down the radiator on the passenger side. It ends in an apparent open hose right above the termination of the lower radiator hose to the radiator. What is the purpose of this hose? Additionally, is there a check valve for over pressurization between the hose and tank connection?

I took the truck to the dealer for smell of coolant. They told me it was a weeping bypass tube. So, of course I replaced the lower radiator hose that connect the top of the motor to the bottom of the radiator and 'T's' into the tank. As i started to fill up the tank after a job done this 'lower hose' started leaking coolant onto the top of the lower radiator hose where it terminates to the radiator. Then it stopped. I filled up the remainder of the way put the cap on and warmed up the truck. No issues. Then I drove home. Truck got to a temp of about 185F and when I popped the hood to check when home the same hose had dribbled a bit of coolant onto the top of the radiator hose.

Anyone got and thoughts? Anyone know a replacement part number MOPAR?

John

Nov 13, 2015
That's the over-pressure hose. When the coolant pressure exceeds a certain PSI, the inner portion of the spring loaded cap will lift and allow coolant to exit through a small hole in the filler neck and into that hose. When you poured in the new coolant it likely swirled a little around the fill neck rim and went through the hole and out the hose. Did you use a funnel? If you take a close look with the cap off you will see the small opening I'm referring to.

DAWG POUND

Oct 26, 2022
Truck Year
That's the over-pressure hose. When the coolant pressure exceeds a certain PSI, the inner portion of the spring loaded cap will lift and allow coolant to exit through a small hole in the filler neck and into that hose. When you poured in the new coolant it likely swirled a little around the fill neck rim and went through the hole and out the hose. Did you use a funnel? If you take a close look with the cap off you will see the small opening I'm referring

DAWG POUND

Oct 26, 2022
Truck Year
Hello I have a 2014 ecodiesel ram and today my truck acted up .took it to get the code read and it came up coolant temp sensor..how ever I noticed that my bottom hose is torn and I see tht u guys call it over pressure hose.could this be the reason my truck is reading tht..and can I replace the hose or do i need to replace the whole tank