• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Corey's YouTube Videos

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I've made a bunch of videos for work. I'm planning on doing more as I add miles to the truck. LMK if you have any requests/recommendations.

so a few things wrong with the fuel filter procedure,

1.) book states to cycle the key with the Phillips drain open to drain without having to open it and break the vacuum. (I have not done this yet for a filter change so I'm not positive how thoroughly it drains and I have a solid drain plug also..)

2.) But when you prime the system you need to wait until the pump completely shuts off, not just changes tone showing fluid load, and you should be cycling the ignition doing that 3 times or better. It's in the owners manual.. only one time does not prime entirely especially with a filter change and not just a water reservoir drain

cevans

Nov 1, 2015
Truck Year
so a few things wrong with the fuel filter procedure,

1.) book states to cycle the key with the Phillips drain open to drain without having to open it and break the vacuum. (I have not done this yet for a filter change so I'm not positive how thoroughly it drains and I have a solid drain plug also..)

2.) But when you prime the system you need to wait until the pump completely shuts off, not just changes tone showing fluid load, and you should be cycling the ignition doing that 3 times or better. It's in the owners manual.. only one time does not prime entirely especially with a filter change and not just a water reservoir drain

Re #1 - That will purge the water out, but it won't empty the canister or help with the vacuum issue

Re #2 - I can tell by the pitch of the pump if it is primed or not. I was trying to catch that information and teach others. Cycling the key three times will certainly do it, but, the pump is usually primed way before the third cycle.