• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

CP4 cover

RAM3D

Feb 7, 2015
Truck Year
there is some insulation and a metal cover in front of the cp4 HP pump on our engines. has anyone removed there cover to reduce heat or should we just leave it in place.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I removed it within days of ownership. Heat is a killer of all HPCR pumps. The CP4 noise will never be heard over the engine combustion knock that all DSL have, the noise level of the engine is considerably less with EMHPCR. IMO the cover only stratifies the eyes only LOL, and has no value.

RAM3D

Feb 7, 2015
Truck Year
Thanks TC, You are a great asset to this website. I have seen you help so many people.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Only those that want to be helped.....Heck I wanted this engine to be stellar.

My Opinion is going to differ from those that allow themselves to be comforted by smooth talk, Theirs's still postings of the 3.0VM being Wards top 10 best engines...Hmmm If this engine makes the 10 Best that's some smooth talk coated with BS>

RAM3D

Feb 7, 2015
Truck Year
The 2nd gen has been out for 7 or 8 years, do you think they have ironed out some of the problems from the 13 and 14 year models ?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
No..........the engine itself is 15 Years old. It seems to fare OK in HWY use, couple with missing parts it fares better. I keep reading 2nd gen+, the engine is the same 2014-19, the minor changes 2014-19 are cosmetic IMO and have little to no link to resolve the major problems.

Mxvet0354

Apr 20, 2020
Truck Year
TC - I will just say from an outsider, your knowledge, advice and opinions are important and matter. Some of us (me) read forums, read reviews and trust the product and process had been improved. I build automated equipment for Tier 1 automotive companies, each one specific and one off. We learn something on every single machine we build. My hopes were FCA had the same mentality, evidently they do not. Live and learn but people like you make the rest of us see and admit the short comings of this engine platform. Not that many of us still don't like them and wish they were better, the truth hurts sometimes and it can be an expensive lesson at times as well.

So I will thank you as well for the knowledge and advice you provide.

RAM3D

Feb 7, 2015
Truck Year
thinking about trading for a new tacoma or F 150. do you think the the 2020 is dependable ? if I got the F150, I would get the v8

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
RAM3D, I know very little about Ford or Toyota Vehicles (gas)......I spend almost all of my time just trying to figure out GM and FCA products.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Honestly? I don't see anyone on this forum saying how great the ecodiesel is. In fact it seems filled mostly with negativity! (probably for a reason)
Some of us have done the best we can with the engine and have learned to pay close attention.
I will say thanks to TC because I never would have known about how easy it is to have Oil Analysis done for sure!