• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Crank tone wheel

Ramperfect

Mar 18, 2019
Truck Year
Does any one know of a company that may have come up with a kit to relocate crank sensor from where it is in between engine and transmission to the harmonic balancer.

Ramman1

Jun 7, 2019
Truck Year
Does any one know of a company that may have come up with a kit to relocate crank sensor from where it is in between engine and transmission to the harmonic balancer.
That would be an amazing kit if it existed, I paid 2500 to replace mine At the dealership despite there being a recall on it. Trans, transfer case etc removed.

MXZ0588

Mar 24, 2020
Truck Year
That would be an amazing kit if it existed, I paid 2500 to replace mine At the dealership despite there being a recall on it. Trans, transfer case etc removed.
Do you know of the recall #? Only recall I show for mine is the HPFP. Tone wheel would be nice to have completed given the issues I've seen on here if an issue comes up.

Ramman1

Jun 7, 2019
Truck Year
You’re vin has to fall within a range (to be covered) that they dictate, mine didn’t, I really don’t think anyone’s does, it’s a hoax.

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
Do you know of the recall #? Only recall I show for mine is the HPFP. Tone wheel would be nice to have completed given the issues I've seen on here if an issue comes up.
The tone ring recall vins stopped in March of 18 if I remember correctly. My truck was built Aug of 18. I skirted by. I was concerned as well.

MXZ0588

Mar 24, 2020
Truck Year
I was at the dealer yesterday for an oil leak (engine oil temp sensor leaking) and there is an open recall for this issue that just came out in early June. But, of course no parts available like usual for this lemon engine.

FCA Recall #
66A
NHTSA Recall #
23V-411
Recall Date
June 08, 2023

SeanPwnery

Nov 30, 2022
Truck Year
I'm half tempted to call Holley or Haltech and asking them to look into this - even if it's a custom job, the potential for ALL 3.0's is too hard for them to pass up if all they need is a bit of wire, a reluctor, a sensor, and the original wave-pattern of the original setup. ALSO, rename the thread to "ANY FCA people here? - Crank Tone Wheel" and see if maybe we can pass this message up the chain.

Funny how we, the owners of these rigs have to come up with "real" solutions for recalled items rather than the duct-tape-and-panty-hose bulls**t they've done for damn near everything on these.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
You’re vin has to fall within a range (to be covered) that they dictate, mine didn’t, I really don’t think anyone’s does, it’s a hoax.
No hoax, my W58 recall was completed in 2021.
The recall clearly states:
"Some 2014-2018 MY Ram 1500 vehicles built with 3.0L Diesel engines may have the magnetic signal material delaminate from the body of the tone wheel.

The suspect period began on June 13, 2014, when 3.0L Diesel engines with suspect tone wheels were introduced in vehicle production, through March 7, 2018, when suspect engine stock was depleted in vehicle production. The vehicle population was determined by engine and vehicle assembly traceability records.

Similar vehicles not included in this recall do not have suspect magnetic tone wheels on 3.0L Diesel engines"

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
I just stumbled on it this morning. Thought I would post it. It makes ght get more attention on this site. Does not hurt anything to try.