• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Crankshaft Position Sensor Recall W-58

megawatt1203

Mar 30, 2019
Truck Year
I have a 2017 Ram 1500 Laramie with 42K miles. Just called Ram Dealership to schedule W-58 recall work and my Vin is not included in the recall. Could someone explain to me why some 2017 vehicles are included and not others. I guess it is a good thing my truck is not included just wondering why. I purchased my truck new in 4/18, one of many 2017 trucks sitting on a lot due to the emissions scandal. Thanks

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Its probably will be added in the future, My guess is earlier built are failing at X rate and the Latter Years are NOT, Also Many 2018 and 19s are rebadged Trucks from 2017. Another thought is Maybe the Cam/Crank software was installed in Your 2017.

vwvanagen789

Mar 20, 2021
Truck Year
We purchased a 2018 ED 4x4 long bed Laramie with 38,000 that was made 9/18 which is 6 months after the recall date for the W-58 recall. I have to take my truck into the dealership for the warranty EGR cooler replacement and I'll try to get some answers from the dealership service techs about the Reluctor wheel and if or when they stopped used the shitty Reluctor wheel parts.
Does anyone make upgraded reluctor wheel parts ?
I'm starting to feel like the 2018 year will be included in the recall soon....

megawatt1203

Mar 30, 2019
Truck Year
Hey vwvanagen. My build date was 11/17 on my Laramie. Is your EGR leaking? Here locally in California, the dealerships still have no inventory of the new EGR coolers so only those that are leaking are getting replaced. Please let me know if your dealership has any answers to the W-58 recall.

vwvanagen789

Mar 20, 2021
Truck Year
Hey vwvanagen. My build date was 11/17 on my Laramie. Is your EGR leaking? Here locally in California, the dealerships still have no inventory of the new EGR coolers so only those that are leaking are getting replaced. Please let me know if your dealership has any answers to the W-58 recall.

I'll need to call the shop Monday to verify. The service tech never asked if my EGR was leaking when I scheduled the recal work. Feeling stupid as my EGR isn't leaking currently and scheduling the EGR recall work seemed to easy...

I'll ask about the W-58 recall as well...

If you turn off the EGR system with a tune, do you still have to worry about it leaking ?

gcecomeknik

Apr 12, 2021
Truck Year
PLEASE READ BEFORE GETTING W58!!!!!!
Had w58 flash done (4/1/21) on perfectly running gc 2015 ecodiesel w/in 30mi vehicle went into limp mode-took back to dealer code reads crankshaft sensor tried to clear does not dealer says have to replace crankshaft sensor $1500 contacted FCA keep in mind w68 recall fix is out there somewhere but Michellina from FCA "customer service" who is actually Stellantis was extremely angry and combative although I am the customer without a vehicle and stated nothing they can do to help no reimbursement would not give me any name or number to contact to elevate and eventually hung up on me. Hoping to get covered under the AEM flash from the emissions recall extended warranty but she left that up to dealer-her arguement was the dealer could not prove that the sensor is flagging bad due to the flash-wth! please fwd this to everyone you know that could be affected-

gcecomeknik

Apr 12, 2021
Truck Year
I kept asking who should be upset the customer with no vehicle or the "customer assistance agent" due to the fact that Michellina was extremely angry and elevated while i never rose above a flat calm business tone-Guess who you complain to about a customer assistance rep? Customer Assistance-wonder how far that will go? W68 recall to replace crankshaft sensor is out there only to specific vins-not mine-Conspiracy theory #1-Comply with V08 recall and get reimbursement settlement check-then 1 month later get letter to comply with w58 software flash for crankshaft sensor-comply with W58-within 20 mi get crankshaft sensor fail-then pay most of the reimbursement $ back to Jeep to replace bad part-$1500-Hmmmmm