• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Crankshaft reluctor wheel positioning

jamesjones.jones4

Aug 7, 2023
Truck Year
After going through the problem of the DPF filter another issue acured, my Ram 1500 ecodiesel stalled and wouldn't start because the crankshaft reluctor wheel magnetic strip broke the the computer reads and if the computer can't read the reluctor wheel you are dead in the water and will need a tow truck but the good news is, there is a recall on this issue.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Yes,
If you opted out of the AEM recall the W68 recall replaces the bad tone wheel. If you completed the AEM recall the W58 recall installs software that allows the truck to keep running if the tone wheel fails. The W58 extended the tone wheel warranty to 8 years from the w58 completion date.
You don't say what year 1500 you have, those recalls apply to 2014-2018

jamesjones.jones4

Aug 7, 2023
Truck Year
Yes,
If you opted out of the AEM recall the W68 recall replaces the bad tone wheel. If you completed the AEM recall the W58 recall installs software that allows the truck to keep running if the tone wheel fails. The W58 extended the tone wheel warranty to 8 years from the w58 completion date.

jamesjones.jones4

Aug 7, 2023
Truck Year
Yes,
I just found out that it's not the crankshaft reluctor wheel someone has put gasoline in my Ram ecodiesel my truck has been sabotaged.