• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

crankshaft sensor went out

goyo

Mar 13, 2020
Truck Year
How many drivers are having this issue, started out to visit my daughter in Colorado and 50 feet from garage it died.
Cranked engine but no code, has 109k miles on 2015 eco diesel. Thanks

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Way to common and requires engine trans separation, if AEM its covered to 120/10 or 48/4.

njoconnor

Mar 1, 2020
Truck Year
My 14's sensor ring went out about 18 months ago. No warning, until it went, then technicolor dash (literally every light and warning message). Was still under powertrain warranty, and had en extended warranty as well. Dealer had it back to me in three days, mostly waiting for the parts to show up. Had a loaner under warranty, so no real out of pocket costs. Traded the 14 off two weeks ago on a '20 EcoD (also with extended warranty!). It's a PITA, but eminently fixable.

goyo

Mar 13, 2020
Truck Year
Thanks for the info. My 15 quit about 50 feet from driveway when I was headed to Colorado to see daughter and grandson.
It would not give code, no warning of any kind, just cranked but no start, finally got it back yesterday after dealer had it 14 days,
when they test drove it after replacing the crankshaft sensor it spewed out 2 quarts of oil, they wanted me to pay $1,250 to replace rear main seal, took to a private garage and they couldn't find a leak anywhere, drove it 200 miles today and so far no leaks. Where did the oil come out from, nobody seems to know. LOL.