• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Crate eco install?

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
verndiesel put one in I believe it was 5500.00 for complete engine and around 2500 to install look him up he is a member here

VernDiesel

Mar 13, 2017
Truck Year
Basic r&r book hours @ $99 an hour shop rate $1500. I’ve read the basic engine price has went up. Still locating one at or near wholesale can be worth looking for. To me getting new turbo new high pressure fuel pump & 24 month unlimited mileage warranty backed by FCA made it a better deal than a rebuild or what I found for user motors.

Now have 155k & zero issues on 2nd motor.

Nanooser

Aug 18, 2015
Truck Year
Basic r&r book hours @ $99 an hour shop rate $1500. I’ve read the basic engine price has went up. Still locating one at or near wholesale can be worth looking for. To me getting new turbo new high pressure fuel pump & 24 month unlimited mileage warranty backed by FCA made it a better deal than a rebuild or what I found for user motors.

Now have 155k & zero issues on 2nd motor.
Hi Vern
What was the issue with your original engine and how many miles before it failed? Did you perform any modifications such as EGR delete or other on your new engine ?

VernDiesel

Mar 13, 2017
Truck Year
The original motor did not fail but did push out a head gasket at 371,500 miles. Make sure if your motor develops slow coolant leaks over time that you at least keep the degas / overflow tank to the seam until you resolve the leak as the coolant will keep dropping in the system but the degas tank will only get so low. Hense hot spots to push out head gasket & kill water pump etc.

I still have the EGR cooler in my new engine as it’s still under warranty. Only thing done is GDE tune.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
The original motor did not fail but did push out a head gasket at 371,500 miles. Make sure if your motor develops slow coolant leaks over time that you at least keep the degas / overflow tank to the seam until you resolve the leak as the coolant will keep dropping in the system but the degas tank will only get so low. Hense hot spots to push out head gasket & kill water pump etc.

I still have the EGR cooler in my new engine as it’s still under warranty. Only thing done is GDE tune.
371,500 miles!!!!!!!!!! Did you ever have trouble with the poorly designed Turbo cooler line that requires the engine to be pulled to fix it?

Nanooser

Aug 18, 2015
Truck Year
Thanks for the very valuable tip on the coolant tank Vern!

BRAD MILLER

Mar 22, 2017
Truck Year
Opted for a 30k 2016 totaled truck engine, has been fine,knocking on wood...kept old engine why I don't know. Will see what the opt out of the eco-gate gets me...that or retain a lawyer....