• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Cruise control issues

Puddlz

Jul 16, 2023
Truck Year
Got my vehicle up and running everything was able to get fixed except for the cruise control. I bought a new switch thinking that it was a switch pay the dealer to put it in. They got it too. It could not figure out what’s going on just reaching out to see if anybody has past experience with the cruise controls that they care to share.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    352.3 KB · Views: 5

Frank246

Feb 20, 2019
Truck Year
After having a new engine installed, I experienced a number of "challenges" including headlights coming on by themselves when parked at night AND cruse control working and not working.
After about 2 weeks things started to happen less and less and for the last 3 months the cruse control has worked without issue including a 2000 mile round trip this past week without issue.

IF I had to do it again, I'd try the battery disconnect for a while to reset the computer and/or wait for it to work itself out.
Best of luck.

Puddlz

Jul 16, 2023
Truck Year
After having a new engine installed, I experienced a number of "challenges" including headlights coming on by themselves when parked at night AND cruse control working and not working.
After about 2 weeks things started to happen less and less and for the last 3 months the cruse control has worked without issue including a 2000 mile round trip this past week without issue.

IF I had to do it again, I'd try the battery disconnect for a while to reset the computer and/or wait for it to work itself out.
Best of luck.
Hey Frank, thank you for the reply. I’m actually in the middle of getting a battery right now to my batteries getting on his last few legs so I might let it be down in between swapping the batteries.

Frank246

Feb 20, 2019
Truck Year
Hope it works for you. Just give it a couple of weeks to "get its mind" back in order. Good luck.