• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Dealer Nightmare

Jake1950

Jul 17, 2023
Truck Year
My truck blew the turbo coolant line under the manifold recently. All of the local shops were booked out three weeks or longer so I called the local dealer, Westhills Dodge, Jeep, Ram in Bremerton Washington. They said they could get it right in. Six weeks later, with an engine they destroyed, won't take responsibility for and lying a mechanic that has no idea what truth or resposiblily is I had the truck towed home.
Blew the hose about one hundres miles from home, went into limp mode for low coolant. filled coolant reservior, pulled into truckstop directly across freeway and contacted local shop. They diagnosed problem, read codes but couldn't perform repair on short notice. By the way, no codes for overheating. I had the truck towed home, made appointment at dealership and had truck towed there for safety measures.
Mechanic recommends several things including replacing glow plugs due to age and mileage along with other repair to be done. In the process I get report mechanic is having difficulties removing glow plugs due to severe overheating of engine due to driving with blown turbo coolant hose. I call bs and tell them to cease removal of glow plugs and put the fricken' engine back together. Too late, #4 was already snapped in head but they aren't telling me anything other than I need a new engine. Mechanic claims to have replaced the turbo coolant line but, what he actually did was cut the crimped band on the rubber hose, leave the 8 1/2 year old fitting on the turbo and put the hose and banjo fitting back together with a new crimp fitting.. Engine came back with drill shavings in intake ports where attemp was made at extracting broke glow plug , fuel lines left open, turbo return wide open. THis jerk was so sure he was going to seel me a new enging that if he had to put mine back together he was insuring catastophic failure. Remember; Westhills Dodge Jeep Ram Bremerton, Washington. Mechanic Tony. Yeah I'm upset

SeanPwnery

Nov 30, 2022
Truck Year
Photograph everything - and write out the timeline.

Then send it to your local News outlets "Consumer reports" divisions.

I'm beginning to get the feeling FCA has deliberately failed to train technicians on this engine, or the nuances of them.

Luvmyjeep

Apr 15, 2023
Truck Year
My truck blew the turbo coolant line under the manifold recently. All of the local shops were booked out three weeks or longer so I called the local dealer, Westhills Dodge, Jeep, Ram in Bremerton Washington. They said they could get it right in. Six weeks later, with an engine they destroyed, won't take responsibility for and lying a mechanic that has no idea what truth or resposiblily is I had the truck towed home.
Blew the hose about one hundres miles from home, went into limp mode for low coolant. filled coolant reservior, pulled into truckstop directly across freeway and contacted local shop. They diagnosed problem, read codes but couldn't perform repair on short notice. By the way, no codes for overheating. I had the truck towed home, made appointment at dealership and had truck towed there for safety measures.
Mechanic recommends several things including replacing glow plugs due to age and mileage along with other repair to be done. In the process I get report mechanic is having difficulties removing glow plugs due to severe overheating of engine due to driving with blown turbo coolant hose. I call bs and tell them to cease removal of glow plugs and put the fricken' engine back together. Too late, #4 was already snapped in head but they aren't telling me anything other than I need a new engine. Mechanic claims to have replaced the turbo coolant line but, what he actually did was cut the crimped band on the rubber hose, leave the 8 1/2 year old fitting on the turbo and put the hose and banjo fitting back together with a new crimp fitting.. Engine came back with drill shavings in intake ports where attemp was made at extracting broke glow plug , fuel lines left open, turbo return wide open. THis jerk was so sure he was going to seel me a new enging that if he had to put mine back together he was insuring catastophic failure. Remember; Westhills Dodge Jeep Ram Bremerton, Washington. Mechanic Tony. Yeah I'm upset
Rock Auto has a
braided steel replacement for that line and fitting…

I blew the rubber oil cooler line and went to Limp mode with no codes…then got a dash warning oil temp high, switched gauge screens to monitor oil temp , got off highway but developed a bearing knock which lead to a total rebuild. Chrysler Dealer (400 Chrysler Barrie ON) wanted 30G for a new engine and 4G for labour. Charged me 400.00 to diagnose and put oil back in and roll it back out into their service lot for me to pick up with trailer the next week.

did the total rebuild at home, took 4 months to collect the parts from around the world…cost 10,000 Canadian including brakes and tires, new oil pump, water pump, starter, turbo, and tune and delete kits while apart.