• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Dealership

TWink77

Oct 24, 2022
Truck Year
Hello. I own a 2015 ED and recently took my truck in because of the dreaded 150 mile countdown. I've been having to use the jumper wire to start the truck because no dealership could get me in. Well Bedford dodge/ram got me in on Monday and I also had some other codes. One was the intake swirl actuators and the other message I got was that I put the wrong DEF in. I've been using the same ISO number/Peak DEF and never had an issue. Also I had the emissions recall done and have the ex warranty. So the DEF system is covered and the dealer didn't want to hear anything about the DEF system and said I need a new intake manifold. Their tech said that those swirl actuators can throw a code and cause issues with the DEF. I said huh??? The DEF and the I take are two separate issues. So they did a forced regen, I'm guessing the particulate filter cause they didn't tell me anything else and they got the countdown mileage down to 49 miles and was fine with me using a jumper wire to start the truck. I was so upset that I called the worthless FCA number and got a case started. For one, my question is can there be any truth to what that tech said about the intake being my problem even though the non start issue says it's DEF related? Second question, how can a dealership let you leave there with only 49 miles left for a countdown knowing it's not gonna start then and just what if my truck stalled on the highway with me and my kids and then I might have the time to jump out and jump the starter relay? I mean I thought they would have to resolve the issue when there's a no start problem and at least give you a rental car. Especially when they have some working contract with the local car rental place. I just don't think they want to replace the DEF system AGAIN and throw a cheaper part at it and hope I'm happy. An intake issue wouldn't cause a no start. I'm sorry I'm kinda scattered brained right now cause I just got off the phone with FCA and the case manager FEMALE was clueless. Any advice would be appreciated and I apologize in advance if I didn't post this in the right section. Thanks in advance!

TWink77

Oct 24, 2022
Truck Year
Hello. I own a 2015 ED and recently took my truck in because of the dreaded 150 mile countdown. I've been having to use the jumper wire to start the truck because no dealership could get me in. Well Bedford dodge/ram got me in on Monday and I also had some other codes. One was the intake swirl actuators and the other message I got was that I put the wrong DEF in. I've been using the same ISO number/Peak DEF and never had an issue. Also I had the emissions recall done and have the ex warranty. So the DEF system is covered and the dealer didn't want to hear anything about the DEF system and said I need a new intake manifold. Their tech said that those swirl actuators can throw a code and cause issues with the DEF. I said huh??? The DEF and the I take are two separate issues. So they did a forced regen, I'm guessing the particulate filter cause they didn't tell me anything else and they got the countdown mileage down to 49 miles and was fine with me using a jumper wire to start the truck. I was so upset that I called the worthless FCA number and got a case started. For one, my question is can there be any truth to what that tech said about the intake being my problem even though the non start issue says it's DEF related? Second question, how can a dealership let you leave there with only 49 miles left for a countdown knowing it's not gonna start then and just what if my truck stalled on the highway with me and my kids and then I might have the time to jump out and jump the starter relay? I mean I thought they would have to resolve the issue when there's a no start problem and at least give you a rental car. Especially when they have some working contract with the local car rental place. I just don't think they want to replace the DEF system AGAIN and throw a cheaper part at it and hope I'm happy. An intake issue wouldn't cause a no start. I'm sorry I'm kinda scattered brained right now cause I just got off the phone with FCA and the case manager FEMALE was clueless. Any advice would be appreciated and I apologize in advance if I didn't post this in the right section. Thanks in advance!
I just spoke to the dealer again and they're confident that a new intake will fix my issue with the DEF system. I wasn't thinking in terms of how the unspent gasses are recirculated via the EGR then back into the intake. We will see come Monday.

telts

Oct 4, 2022
Truck Year
I have a 2015 as well. I stalled out on the interstate about 2 hours from home. I called FCA and they told me tough luck nothing they can do even though I had new emissions settlement. I knew it wasn’t the tone ring because I had that one happen to me so I just towed it home. It seems they will not do anything until you go limp or you blow your engine up. I haven’t done a def rebuild yet but I just had my intake done.

Lessons learned - Make sure your truck didn’t dump coolant into your oil and have them check that out. Check your work report. They said they did fluids but my coolant was the same level was low as before, and my oil was unusually high. Also I’d check that map sensor (mine was completely burnt out and they never looked at it). There is a huge push from Mopar to service reps to get 5 stars. They will send you an email about 2 days after you pick up your truck with a survey. Communicate with your service rep and make sure you’re good.

The fuel rails pressure line CEL make sure you’re on the list to get that fixed. I don’t know if it’s true or not but the 2 dealerships where I’m at said they can only get 1 replacement a month so who knows when on getting that fixed. I guess there is a reason why FCA doesn’t want to do eco diesels anymore.